Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #31
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Those who give up freedom for security end with with neither.
FTW...
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #32
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Harry, I'm in the US and I pay my bills directly through my bank. (As do most people I know.) My ISP has nothing at all to do with it other than providing me online access. My Internet Service Provider is in no way involved with any of my direct debit transactions and I would be seriously upset if they were storing my personal banking details.
I think what he meant was that if you were going to pay your ISP bill as a direct debit transaction, that your ISP would need to store your bank account number/etc. I don't think he meant that your ISP would store bank information about bills you were paying to other people.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, that is what I meant. A direct debit is a "pull" arrangement, so the company needs to store your bank details in order to request the payment from your account.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-13-2011 at 03:22 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote