Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #106
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
the sound takes about 8 or so seconds to start after the first click
each subsequent click currently kills the entire mplayer process. future versions will pipe to a slave probably.
so, yeah... not fast.
: )
ah. I'll wait 20 then.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #107
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
yeah and that worked fine... I did
Code:
 python soundkloud.py phone
and it worked nicely
and the shell version?

might as well check it outside the kindlet as much as far as you can.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #108
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
and the shell version?
might as well check it outside the kindlet as much as far as you can.
errr i pretty much butchered the shell script to just the killall and the python launching stuff...
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #109
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well. assuming that you have run the shell script manually like I said above (no helpful output from it of course but it should play a sound)

then I will have to test this on a blank kindle and see what occurs.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #110
qlob
Official Lurker

script and python script both work nicely.... the search buttons are the ones i need to be clicking, right?
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #111
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
script and python script both work nicely.... the search buttons are the ones i need to be clicking, right?
well. they just run the commands.txt commands in the version I posted.

so if you read that file you will see that they all just "search"

Quote:
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Dashboard";ACCOUNT: Dashboard
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Tracks";ACCOUNT: Tracks
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Upload";ACCOUNT: Sets
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Twobob";DO: Upload
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Hot";LISTEN: Hot Charts
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Jazz";LISTEN: Jazz Chart
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Indie";LISTEN: Indie Chart
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Dance";LISTEN: Dance Chart
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Xmas";SEARCH: Tracks associated with Xmas
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Twobob";SEARCH: Twobob
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Twobits";SEARCH: Twobits
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"Twobob Textured Grooves";SEARCH: Twobob Textured Grooves
/mnt/us/soundkloud;soundkloud.sh;"fuckmylife";SEARCH: fuckmylife
since the soundkloud.sh can only do that right now

your file look like this one?

: )
Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #112
qlob
Official Lurker

Yeah....
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #113
twobob

hmm. all I can think is that the java isnt allowed to invoke something.

or you removed a path/env var that was required??

Like I say I will get around to testing this on another kindle. just struggling with the asynchronous nature of the menus right now
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On the Python searchpath front, having PYTHONHOME="/mnt/us/python" in your env should be enough, IIRC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #115
twobob

did you restart the framework after changing your certs???
Old 12-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #116
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
hmm. all I can think is that the java isnt allowed to invoke something.
or you removed a path/env var that was required??
Like I say I will get around to testing this on another kindle. just struggling with the asynchronous nature of the menus right now
err not sure if any of the envs are req'd..... maybe we should see if the kindlet jailbreak works on the k3? that would help narrow down problems...

Last edited by qlob; 12-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #117
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
did you restart the framework after changing your certs???
Yup. not sure what the problem is....
Old 12-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #118
twobob

right...
Well I just dumped what I posted - as is - on a freshy kindle

Spoiler:
cd /mnt/us/soundkloud; PYTHONPATH=/mnt/us/python/usr/lib/python2.7 PATH=/mnt/us/system:/mnt/us/python/usr/local/bin:/mnt/us/python/usr/bin:/mnt/us/usr/local/bin:/mnt/us/usr/bin:/mnt/us/bin:/mnt/us/usr/sbin:/mnt/us/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/mnt/us/home/root python ./soundkloud.py "test"

ran the backend (python) okay with no other changes. (I had no python on the device)

Then I updated my certs (at the top as you say) and restart framework

testing that now... (rebooting)
Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #119
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
right...
Well I just dumped what I posted - as is - on a freshy kindle
Spoiler:
cd /mnt/us/soundkloud; PYTHONPATH=/mnt/us/python/usr/lib/python2.7 PATH=/mnt/us/system:/mnt/us/python/usr/local/bin:/mnt/us/python/usr/bin:/mnt/us/usr/local/bin:/mnt/us/usr/bin:/mnt/us/bin:/mnt/us/usr/sbin:/mnt/us/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/mnt/us/home/root python ./soundkloud.py "test"

ran the backend (python) okay with no other changes. (I had no python on the device)
Then I updated my certs (at the top as you say) and restart framework
testing that now... (rebooting)
Did it work?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #120
twobob

side issue affecting testing. will test again in AM