Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #226
JOliver13
JOliver13 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
I did the new firmware update on my IQ and encountered a "unable to scan for networks" error every time I tried to connect to wifi. I re-installed the previous firmware and everything works perfectly fine again.
JOliver13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #227
solbore
solbore began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
bug report

device: Pocketbook 902 pro
firmware: 2.0.6

Chess application reports "Checkmate! Black wins!", when white player wins (both in English and Czech translation, both 1/2 player mode).
solbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #228
mazur_7
mazur_7 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902
no images in doc files

Hello,

Images are not displayed at all in DOC files.
Problem was present in v2.0.6 eSW and still is in v2.1.2 eSW.
I am writing withn regard to PB 902.

Br,
Michal
mazur_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #229
Markkk01
Markkk01 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
PB602 BIOS 2.1.2 UPD causes device and SD card switch

Hi, been looking around to see if anyone had posted this but couldn't see it. So, my appologies it it's already been done.

Just updated from v2.0.6 to v2.1.2 and I use Calibre as my Library. In Calibre, when PB602 connected it shows Library as Normal. However, it shows the Device as BLANK (No Internal files shown at all).
Card A (Micro SD) shows ALL Internal Device Files and Internal Books (English Books loaded on PB602 by Default). It does NOT show any of my loaded books although there are (185 Books). I can find the books on the Actual device but they are all showing in a folder called 'Unkown' !

Not sure if this BIOS is still Beta or not. Should I go back to v2.0.6 until ready ?
Markkk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #230
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markkk01 View Post
Hi, been looking around to see if anyone had posted this but couldn't see it. So, my appologies it it's already been done.

Just updated from v2.0.6 to v2.1.2 and I use Calibre as my Library. In Calibre, when PB602 connected it shows Library as Normal. However, it shows the Device as BLANK (No Internal files shown at all).
Card A (Micro SD) shows ALL Internal Device Files and Internal Books (English Books loaded on PB602 by Default). It does NOT show any of my loaded books although there are (185 Books). I can find the books on the Actual device but they are all showing in a folder called 'Unkown' !

Not sure if this BIOS is still Beta or not. Should I go back to v2.0.6 until ready ?

This doesn't seem to be specific to the actual firmware but rather that in the update process a file belonging to calibre on the device with various information relating to the books was deleted.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #231
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
No, unfortunately this is a bug in the final release of 2.1.2.
They switched the device drive names, so external card gets a higher priority than the device itself (you can see it in explorer, SD card is e.g. E: and PB602 is F
So Calibre thinks SD card is device and searches for a folder "books" which is normally not there and so finds nothing, while all stuff on the reader itself is shown.

They fixed this in final release 2.1.2 with fast update
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #232
Markkk01

Thanks for the replies.

I will try the fast update BIOS and see how that goes, hopefully will work.

Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #233
Markkk01

Hi, I have updated to the fast BIOS and it does now connect to Calibre OK (apart from the Device Books, which it still doesn't see but not worried about them really.) and does allow me to see Card A correctly.

Only issue is the Unknown folder on the PocketBook 602 that has most of my books in mostly PDF's. Some folders do appear correctly, as long as they have EPUB's in them. Not sure id this is a bug or not ?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #234
maker666
maker666 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook PRO 612
bug report

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612

Firmware: D612.2.2.1

Key mapping cannot be changed. Even if the default keys are re-mapped and the device displays correctly the new values in the setting menu, it still uses defaultly mapped functions after leaving the menu and reading a book.
maker666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #235
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

PB602
F/W: 2.1.2

Books can't be mark as 'Unread'.
Previously you could choose a book and mark it as read, removing the mark would reset the book status as if you never opened it.
Now, if you mark a book as read and then remove the mark, it returns to the 'open book' state with the percentage.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #236
Avicenna
Avicenna began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 903
This is getting worse with strips of lines now permanently on my screen. Should have known better not to trust a new product with an unknown company. Hope I can find a time to return it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
I have a pocketbook pro 903. I don't know where to start but I will first mention two important problems (I think they might be hardware related).

1- I use the scribble option alot to do calculations etc. I take care not to press too much and use the erase function as rarely as possible. However it has been a month since I have bought the device and it is loosing its sensitivity. When I touch the pen to the screen and draw a line ebook reader does not draw a line on the screen and it gets it only after trying it 3-4 times. This happens once or twice every few minutes (and I fear it might increase). Is this a problem with the stylus pen or touchscreen?

2- The pdf reader is having problems displaying the tones. For instance in the manual, in one of the first pages there is a picture of the device with arrows pointing at certain places. When I first open the page the arrows are seen and the picture is dark enough to see. But then suddenly the arrows disappear and the pictures turns to a very light tone. This also causes problems in some of my books where the font is not very bold. The pages are first opened with fonts looking bold but then they turn a very light tone of grey becoming almost invisible without zoom. So there is a brightness issue here.

That also happens when I close the screen. The number 1 appearing on the screen has some strips of gray on it. (my page refreshment is set to always)

Then there are the software bugs ofcourse but these are more important. How can I fix this?

In case you dont believe the second thing is a bug here is a picture for you (sorry for the crappy webcam). This is one of the problematic pdf files. At the top you see a very faint shade of gray which are actually almost invisible fonts. When I open the menu by pressing ok after the menu ise closed, the region where it was opened remains bolded.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hoto00001y.jpg
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #237
MathieuP
MathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 903 Pro
I would advise you to contact PocketBook. Like all such devices, they are made in batches and some units are inevitably faulty. I have seen here several people that got their unit swapped with a new one if the issue was faulty hardware.
MathieuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #238
Inagua
Inagua began at the beginning.

Device: pb pro 903
When i press the down button, it always goes down 2 times. The up button is alright. It happens only with pdf files. I've got the 2.1.2 firmware and the reader is a pocketbook pro 903.
Inagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #239
Cruzverde
Cruzverde began at the beginning.

Device: PB 912
PB 912, FW 2.1.2 (fast version)

PB won't let me open an epub file with Adobeviewer if I previously opened it with FBreader. I mean : I can select «open with Adobeviewer» after making a long click on the file, but it will still open in FBreader. I have to shut down the device and then switch it on again to be able to open it with Adobeviewer through a long click.
The same happens if I opened the file with Adobeviewer first and then want to open it with FBreader.

I believe this happens because the file has stayed opened with the application used in the first place, the application has not exited. Indeed : when going back to the shelf, I can see in the «running app» list (bottom right corner) that my book is still opened. So the question is : do I have to «close» the first application to be able to open the same fil with an other application ?
And if so, how do you manage to close an application ?

Edit :
Ok I found out how to close an app without the switch off / switch on trick (press both page up and page down long enough), and indeed, I a mnow able to open epub files in which app I want. But the question remains : is what I am describing a bug, or a feature ?

Last edited by Cruzverde; 02-12-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Cruzverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #240
J.C.
Addict

Also you might notice that there are two new features called 'task manager' and 'task switch' now the names might be backwards but once you know which keys are assigned to them (or assign some if there are none) you call 'task switch' and simply select the 'x' next to the running app you wish to close.