Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #61
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'm currently reading The Cold Dish and really enjoying it. Though I'm not sure I understand all that talk about 'sheep'? Can someone please explain.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Though I'm not sure I understand all that talk about 'sheep'? Can someone please explain.
They're four-legged creatures that people raise for their wool (and sometimes mutton).

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

You may have to be more specific. It's been a while since I read the first book, but I don't recall any particularly confusing sheep talk. I do remember there being some doubt as to:
Spoiler:
whether a dead "body" someone reported (having only seen it from a distance) was human or sheep. But it was quickly cleared up.

The "spoiler" (if it can really be called such) is for the first few pages of the very first book only, but I thought I'd err on the side of caution.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #63
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
They're four-legged creatures that people raise for their wool (and sometimes mutton).

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

You may have to be more specific. It's been a while since I read the first book, but I don't recall any particularly confusing sheep talk. I do remember there being some doubt as to:
Spoiler:
whether a dead "body" someone reported (having only seen it from a distance) was human or sheep. But it was quickly cleared up.

The "spoiler" (if it can really be called such) is for the first few pages of the very first book only, but I thought I'd err on the side of caution.
LOL. No but what confused me is, sometimes the word (which gets repeated a lot) wasn't used in a context that meant actual sheep. I'm beginning to second guess myself about this. (I started reading this as soon as I finished my final exam, so I apologize for not making any sense)
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #64
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Any Other Name was released May 13, 2014.
http://www.amazon.com/Any-Other-Name...SIN=B00G3L7U0S
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #65
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
The Western Star was released September 5, 2017.
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/j/c...stern-star.htm
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #66
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The Western Star was released September 5, 2017.
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/j/c...stern-star.htm
Apache
I overlooked this until now - fortunately the hold lists are pretty short at a couple of my libraries so I hope to get it in 2-3 weeks...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote