Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #46
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I rooted both of my T1 (Japanese simple root). One had terrible battery life, the other one was just fine. I restored it back to original firmware, the battery life was good again. Puzzling.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #47
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Rooting itself should have absolutely no impact on battery life.

It's all about additional apps that get installed... For instance there is an old version of Kindle App that drains battery a lot, more recent versions seem to be ok. But you have to find out by yourself which app is the cause. BetterBatteryStats is a good helper tool for this purpose.

I also suspect that if you have USB debugging enabled, there might be a bug that prevents the reader from proper sleep in some occasions.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #48
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Rooting itself should have absolutely no impact on battery life.

It's all about additional apps that get installed... For instance there is an old version of Kindle App that drains battery a lot, more recent versions seem to be ok. But you have to find out by yourself which app is the cause. BetterBatteryStats is a good helper tool for this purpose.

I also suspect that if you have USB debugging enabled, there might be a bug that prevents the reader from proper sleep in some occasions.
My two T1 were purchased at same time (I think their serial numbers were 50 ~ 60 aparted.) They were rooted right after I opened them. No other app was installed beside the Simple Japanese Root. That's why I am still puzzled by the different battery life.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #49
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Did you fully charge the battery before rooting?

Besides that, there are apps included with the root packages. Rooting just means to install the superuser feature. This shouldn't break anything. But apps like alternative launchers, etc. may drain battery.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #50
billthrow
billthrow began at the beginning.

Device: Prs 600 prs300 Prst-1 Kobo Mini Nook HD+
I use one of the cheap(two dollars) Chinese 120 V USB travel chargers 5 V DC output 1000 mA. I charge almost everything with one of these. Nexus 4 Nexus 7 Kobo mini and Sonys. They don't work on my Siemens hearing aids, I have to use the supplied Siemens charger even though it has a USB mini on the end. The Siemens won't charge anything else with the USB mini plug.
My PRS T1 would not turn on yesterday. It would work when plugged in to the charging adapter and I thought my battery failed. Reading through this list I found somebody that said just push the reset button and it would probably fix the battery. I did and it fixed the battery. I'll see how many days the battery lasts in my PRS T-1.
The only charger that doesn't seem to work on many of my devices is a six 120 V outlet, 2 USB port Belkin 120 V socket multiplier.
billthrow is offline   Reply With Quote