Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 06:18 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
PDFZilla free for 24 hours only [ENDED]

It's available from this site:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

As usual from this site, the changing program of the day must be downloaded and activated within 24 hours of initial posting.

Here's what the site has to say about this program:

"PDFZilla is a desktop application that quickly and accurately convert [sic] PDF files into editable MS Word Documents, Rich Text Documents, Plain Text Files, Images, HTML Files, and Shockwave Flash SWF Files."

Keep in mind that PDF converters are oftentimes problematic for any conversions that we (ebook lovers) need.

I have no affiliation with the website or with the program.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Offer is now over
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I've had some bad experiences with AVSMEDIA/AVS4YOU. Video conversion software I bought didn't work as stated on Vista and support was through 2 day response email. Finally gave up and had to substantiate a case for my credit card company to get a refund due to the fact that the software didn't work as specified.

This is just my experience though. This PDFZilla may be fine, it is free after all unless, of course, it a trial version or something which would really tick me off.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I've had some bad experiences with AVSMEDIA/AVS4YOU. Video conversion software I bought didn't work as stated on Vista and support was through 2 day response email. Finally gave up and had to substantiate a case for my credit card company to get a refund due to the fact that the software didn't work as specified.

This is just my experience though. This PDFZilla may be fine, it is free after all unless, of course, it a trial version or something which would really tick me off.

WDE.
I understand how you feel. I would have reacted exactly as you did.

The "freebie of the day" site sometimes does have only trial versions, but that's a very rare occurance. The members there complain like hell, but I doubt if the moderators listen. Or if they do, they may not listen very well.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Downloading now - I'll give it a gander! Thanks for the headsup! Something I've been interested in!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

WDE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I understand how you feel. I would have reacted exactly as you did.

The "freebie of the day" site sometimes does have only trial versions, but that's a very rare occurance. The members there complain like hell, but I doubt if the moderators listen. Or if they do, they may not listen very well.

Don
On second look the AVSMEDIA/AVS4YOU software offered free was just an advert on the front page of http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

The freebie of the day is from PDFZilla at http://pdfzilla.com/ where it states:

Buy PDFZilla Now for Only $29.95 (but download free)???

@ bookratt - can you let us know if it's a full and free version or just a trial/test version?

Thanks, WDE.
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
If you get it from http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ (within the next 10 hrs or so) the kit includes a registration code that will (again, within the next 10 hrs or so) let you register the app & remove the 10-document trial restriction.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
can you let us know if it's a full and free version or just a trial/test version?

Thanks, WDE.
It gives you a registration code which you have to use before the free offer deal runs out. It does state that with this free version you won't get future updates which is fine with me.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
The license key thats included makes it the full registered version. I downloaded and tried it and the conversion is very quick but pretty ordinary.
Half the time html doesn't work. Everytime I used rtf or word the text got garbled up. Time to go back to the far from perfect mobi pocket creator for me.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
If you get it from http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ (within the next 10 hrs or so) the kit includes a registration code that will (again, within the next 10 hrs or so) let you register the app & remove the 10-document trial restriction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
It gives you a registration code which you have to use before the free offer deal runs out. It does state that with this free version you won't get future updates which is fine with me.
Thanks gwynevans & frozennorth & tech_au

WDE.