Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
Bokkie
Enthusiast
Bokkie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
1000SW release date?

Guys,

I've been "out of town" for quite a while. The last I recall is that the SW was slated for an early-ish 2009 release date? Does anyone know where we stand at this moment?
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
iRex has not announced anything. Nobody really knows when it is coming out.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
ugh! screwed it up.

Last edited by dlovely; 02-04-2009 at 12:07 PM.
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
DR1000SW is a different model of the device that includes both a stylus "S" and wireless "W". He's not talking about SW = software.

Easy to get them confused though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I think at the moment the target release date for the SW model is Q3 2009, since PlasticLogic moved its release date to Q1 2010, the probably want to have a more stable device than a quick release.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I think at the moment the target release date for the SW model is Q3 2009, since PlasticLogic moved its release date to Q1 2010, the probably want to have a more stable device than a quick release.
Ugh, not that I'd buy the SW model (I'm happy with mine) but sure hope we get to see the browser app before that... (for proper offline webpage viewing, like HTML with links & images)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I wonder if iRex seeing what Plastic Logic is about to unleash next year decided to revisit the SW and redesign it. It certainly looks as if this time people really were beta testing the software. Can one say the software is now ready for primetime? By this time the browser should be ready. Not to mention with the economy and the popularity and cost of the Kindle I wonder if they feel caught in a price squeeze. If they announce something this month or next people might say there really was no delay. But a delay is starting to appear to be a reality. I know iRex is about as good as Apple is with regards to keeping secrets.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
IMO,
I prefer to use seperated devices such as Small Wireless Device+ DR1000S, Not all the time using Wireless and seperated battery could be better.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote