Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2 - resize data partition?

The userdata partition for this device is <350MB. With Play Services and Play Store living there, that doesn't leave much room for user apps. I know that Link2SD is one option to address this. But I'm looking at other options, too. Can the userdata partition be resized, or is that liable to create more trouble than it's worth? If I could safely increase the size of this partition to 600 MB, I'd be golden. Possible?

Thanks for any help or advice, pro or con.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
mahako
mahako began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
I just read in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=11

Quote:
The 1.8.1 upgrade finally worked for me. The main change is that the user app partition is now over 700 MB.
What I don't know is if that requires reflashing the ROM using the ROM flash tools, or if it is sufficent to update the device with update.zip. I am on 1.8.0 currently, just downloading 1.8.1 update.zip now.
mahako is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2017, 06:47 AM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahako View Post
I just read in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=11

What I don't know is if that requires reflashing the ROM using the ROM flash tools, or if it is sufficent to update the device with update.zip. I am on 1.8.0 currently, just downloading 1.8.1 update.zip now.
Better to download the factory tools package from Onyx International:

http://www.onyx-international.com/index.php/en/
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
mahako
mahako began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Better to download the factory tools package from Onyx International:

http://www.onyx-international.com/index.php/en/
Yeah, I figured by now. Tried updating just via update.zip and got stuck in bootloop. Meanwhile I've dug out my old Windows PC (I normally use a chromebook) and reflashed everything with the factory tools. It is working again now, and I enjoy the larger apps partition (700 MB). Had to restore all books, apps etc. though; the reflash wiped the device back to factory settings.
mahako is offline   Reply With Quote