Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #106
mvp3
mvp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi Morkl

thanks for your great work,

I have a problem with your mod ebookread,
it can't read chinese txt file both of ansi or utf-8 type.
(I had replace /sdcard/fonts/q*.ttf to chinese fonts,and select this fonts in reader)
epub is OK.

but original ebookreader could read Chinese TXT with UTF8 type
(mount chinese fonts)

Do you have any ideas? or how can I restore original ebookreader?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #107
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp3 View Post
I have a problem with your mod ebookread,
it can't read chinese txt file both of ansi or utf-8 type.
(I had replace /sdcard/fonts/q*.ttf to chinese fonts,and select this fonts in reader)
epub is OK.

but original ebookreader could read Chinese TXT with UTF8 type
(mount chinese fonts)

Do you have any ideas? or how can I restore original ebookreader?
I also found that the modded reader's font-picker works with epub, but not txt, when tested with a CJK font. (Haven't tested pdf) So you can either convert your txt to epub (easy with Calibre), or go back to the stock reader by running the restore set.

ps. I don't know what you mean by "mounting", but if it's exchanging one of the system fonts with your Chinese font, the same method should work with the modded reader as well. Have you tried it?

Last edited by soseono; 01-25-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #108
mvp3
mvp3 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
I also found that the modded reader's font-picker works with epub, but not txt, when tested with a CJK font. (Haven't tested pdf) So you can either convert your txt to epub (easy with Calibre), or go back to the stock reader by running the restore set.

ps. I don't know what you mean by "mounting", but if it's exchanging one of the system fonts with your Chinese font, the same method should work with the modded reader as well. Have you tried it?
Code:
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G.otf
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese-Bold.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-Bold.otf
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese-BoldItalic.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-BoldItalic.otf
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese-Italic.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-Italic.otf
run these in adb or terminal(hardware restrat need run it again)
then you select Verdana fonts in stock reader

moded reader seems dose not load fonts on sdcard when reading txt file, it still load stock fonts.

Last edited by mvp3; 01-25-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #109
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Everything I could I've tried. SD Recovery doesn't help!!! time to call sony support, but it's rooted device! if they see it is.... I don't know.
I wish you just stopped whining and followed the instructions. The Micro-SD recovery of /data and /system absolutely reliably works on the Western models of PRS-T1.

I am not sure how Sony support is going to help you. Are you going to tell them that you broke the warranty by hacking your reader and messing with system files, which you have no business doing? If that's so, you might as well just order a new reader - the repair will cost you more.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #110
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

giona,
can you tell us what happens precisely when you hold the reset for 5 secs and then turn on the device?
can you see the reader loader at least?
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #111
Rheingold
Rheingold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi,

do I have to use the flash_reader.bat procedure to install the modified reader or is it possible to transfer only the Ebookreader.apk and install this package?
I tried the last methode on my rooted T1 but without success. Perhaps I missed something

TNX for Your help!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #112
prst1
prst1 began at the beginning.

Question

Couple of questions about homemod.xml:

1. How do you reference custom apps? I know that you make the custom app definition at the bottom of the xml, but how do you find the package and class of the app you're referencing?

2. What is the list of apps under the "App buttons on apps screen, by (custom) categories" header? Is it the second page?

for your help!!! and morkl for the awesome thread!!!

Last edited by prst1; 01-26-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #113
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by prst1 View Post
1. How do you reference custom apps? I know that you make the custom app definition at the bottom of the xml, but how do you find the package and class of the app you're referencing?
I believe Morkl gave some hints to this in post #46 I am not a rooted Android user myself so I hope it will mean more to you than it does to me

Quote:
2. What is the list of apps under the "App buttons on apps screen, by (custom) categories" header? Is it the second page?
Yes, it's what appears on page 2 of the T1.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #114
prst1
prst1 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I believe Morkl gave some hints to this in post #46 I am not a rooted Android user myself so I hope it will mean more to you than it does to me
Thanks for your help, but it doesn't mean much to me, either. I may need Morkl to help me with a specific app.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #115
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

hi, is it possible to add media scanner to the built in apps?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #116
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
I wish you just stopped whining and followed the instructions. The Micro-SD recovery of /data and /system absolutely reliably works on the Western models of PRS-T1.
Sorry for "whining". The procedure worked and I recovered the device. Apparently I was pressing a home and a menu buttons not in time. Actually one have to press the buttons just before "Opening book" bar appears.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #117
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
giona,
can you tell us what happens precisely when you hold the reset for 5 secs and then turn on the device?
can you see the reader loader at least?
Reader screen with reader logo and opening book progress bar was loading and then two circled arrows appeared and a reader began cycling.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #118
giosa
Connoisseur

Actually all I need to replace one font on stock reader, I don't want to change stock reader with mod one, even though it seems very good. Could someone give me instructions how to do that on zeam minimal set rooted PRS T1?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #119
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Thanks for your help, but it doesn't mean much to me, either. I may need Morkl to help me with a specific app.
What app is it? Can you post the AndroidManifest.xml?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
hi, is it possible to add media scanner to the built in apps?
Do you know how the media scanner is invoked? Might be nice if one wants to make some kind of semi-automagic cloud sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Sorry for "whining". The procedure worked and I recovered the device. Apparently I was pressing a home and a menu buttons not in time. Actually one have to press the buttons just before "Opening book" bar appears.
Glad you got it to work. I usually hold menu+home before I even press the power button just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interfredzo View Post
Morkl: Do you think it's possible to disable/enable the touchscreen in reader with a buttoncombo? For example left and right turnpagebutton at the same time? Would be very usefull in some cases.
Might be possible, when I've sorted the key handling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp3 View Post
Code:
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G.otf
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese-Bold.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-Bold.otf
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese-BoldItalic.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-BoldItalic.otf
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/chinese-Italic.ttf /ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-Italic.otf
run these in adb or terminal(hardware restrat need run it again)
then you select Verdana fonts in stock reader

moded reader seems dose not load fonts on sdcard when reading txt file, it still load stock fonts.
Never used TXTs; will check it out and see what can be done about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheingold View Post
Hi,

do I have to use the flash_reader.bat procedure to install the modified reader or is it possible to transfer only the Ebookreader.apk and install this package?
I tried the last methode on my rooted T1 but without success. Perhaps I missed something

TNX for Your help!
I usually install with adb, and since the stock Reader is already installed it must be installed with the "reinstall" (-r) flag. Not sure how this can be done from the device; anyone?

However, the flash_reader procedure should work just the same with a rooted device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaalspoor98 View Post
Here is some info about the Colordict/Goldendict API, which may become handy if you will look into it: http://socialnmobile.blogspot.com/20...evelopers.html

Thanks for your hard work!
Thanks!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #120
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheingold View Post
Hi,

I usually install with adb, and since the stock Reader is already installed it must be installed with the "reinstall" (-r) flag. Not sure how this can be done from the device; anyone?

However, the flash_reader procedure should work just the same with a rooted device.
I copy the apk file (to /mnt/sdcard/Android/downloads but it really doesn't matter as long as you can find it again) and then click on the file in Root Explorer. That then does a normal android install. You do need to enable "Unknown Sources" in the Apps section of the Android Settings. This only needs to be done once.

You do need to copy any directories (as per the readme.txt) just like normal.

Cheers,
Simon.
Closed Thread