Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
susel99
susel99 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Question unhandled exception msg in stanza

Hi! I am getting the error message Unhandled Exception with the Options of either Quit or Continue.
There is no response to Quit and no response to Continue. It just remains frozen on that screen.

I use Calibre to convert my .pdf files to .epub and then upload them to Stanza via Google docs (very long and involved, I know, but it seems to work), and I am using my ipod touch (if that matters) as an ereader.

Can anyone help me unfreeze stanza on my touch? If not, should I delete Stanza from my touch, reload it and all my books?

Thanks in advance!!!!
susel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could try rebooting the iPod Touch and see if that helps. Failing that deleting and then re-installing Stanza might help.

You are not by any chance using an iOS 5 beta on the iPod Touch? It appears that Stanza is incompatible with that.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by susel99 View Post
Hi! I am getting the error message Unhandled Exception with the Options of either Quit or Continue.
There is no response to Quit and no response to Continue. It just remains frozen on that screen.

I use Calibre to convert my .pdf files to .epub and then upload them to Stanza via Google docs (very long and involved, I know, but it seems to work), and I am using my ipod touch (if that matters) as an ereader.

Can anyone help me unfreeze stanza on my touch? If not, should I delete Stanza from my touch, reload it and all my books?

Thanks in advance!!!!
I get this same error but I am running the beta IOS 5.0b3 on my iphone.
I am curious as to what ios your running?
Untill I updated to the beta Stanza ran perfect.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
susel99
susel99 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
I am running IOS 4.3.3 on my touch. I tend to stay away from betas b/c their problems are a bit above my tech level

I could not reboot my touch, so I ended up deleting and reloading Stanza. After reloading all of my books (and boy did THAT take a long time *sigh*...only 6 books at a time, really itunes?!?!?), it appears to be working fine.

Thanks for all the helpful comments!!!!

susel99 is offline   Reply With Quote