Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
eyp
eyp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3G 64GB
PRS 700 not recognized on Calibre 0.4.140 + Linux

Hello, I'm a new user of Calibre. Today I installed it on Win XP and all was fine, I connected my PRS 700 and send some books to it.
Now I'm trying to do the same on Linux (Fedora 10). Calibre is working fine, but when I connect the reader Calibre doesn't recognize any device. I've tried to restart Calibre and nothing happens, also I can browse the reader so it's recognized by the system.

I have run Calibre form the command line and got these log:

link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!
Unable to open device
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 59, in detect_device
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs505/driver.py", line 234, in open
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs505/driver.py", line 177, in open_linux
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/__init__.py", line 79, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/types.py", line 6, in <module>
ImportError: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help?.

Thanks in advance.
eyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Calibre uses DBus to query hal about connected devices and where they are mounted. You need to have both dbus and hal installed and running. Check that they are running.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
eyp

Well, I have both installed:

Installed Packages
Name : dbus
Arch : x86_64
Epoch : 1
Version : 1.2.4
Release : 2.fc10
Size : 449 k
Repo : installed
Summary : D-BUS message bus
URL : http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/
License : GPLv2+ or AFL
Description: D-BUS is a system for sending messages between applications. It is
: used both for the system-wide message bus service, and as a
: per-user-login-session messaging facility.

Installed Packages
Name : hal
Arch : x86_64
Version : 0.5.12
Release : 14.20081027git.fc10
Size : 1.3 M
Repo : installed
Summary : Hardware Abstraction Layer
URL : http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/hal
License : AFL or GPLv2
Description: HAL is daemon for collection and maintaining information from several
: sources about the hardware on the system.

What do you mean with 'check that they are running'. Hal daemon is running, but is dbus a service? I don't see it as a service in the services administration tool.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What installation method did you use for calibre? If you are on a 64 bit machine and running the binary calibre installer you need to install the 32-bit version of the dbus libraries
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
eyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What installation method did you use for calibre? If you are on a 64 bit machine and running the binary calibre installer you need to install the 32-bit version of the dbus libraries
I used the method described on your site, but I haven't installed 32 version of the libraries, I'll do and will install it again. Thanks.
Advert