Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
kerrware
kerrware began at the beginning.

Device: none
Repeating Images after EPUB to RTF conversion

I was trying to convert some BigOven News downloads to RTF so I could extract selected recipes to form a new consolidated document of favourite recipes.

The problem is that on the input EPUB file the recipes each have a picture of the finished dish (or a place holder image) but in the resulting output RTF file every recipe ends up with the same recipe picture.

Is this a bug?
kerrware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrware View Post
I was trying to convert some BigOven News downloads to RTF so I could extract selected recipes to form a new consolidated document of favourite recipes.
It's nice to know someone is using that recipe. (Have you also looked at my Epicurioius recipe? - They're both recipes of recipes )

Quote:
The problem is that on the input EPUB file the recipes each have a picture of the finished dish (or a place holder image) but in the resulting output RTF file every recipe ends up with the same recipe picture.

Is this a bug?
Probably. Rtf conversion seems to have several bugs. You should probably post a bug report so it doesn't get lost. Unfortunately, rtf fixes have a relatively low priority. I suggest you check to see if all rtf conversions have this problem or only my BigOven recipe. If it's only BigOven, I'll look at it more quickly than if it's in the rtf code. I don't recall anything special about the way I handled images in BigOven, except that being logged in gives larger images.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert