Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MR Book Club: February09 book nominations
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow 5 15.15%
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow 6 18.18%
Refuge by Richard Herley 13 39.39%
Poker Without Cards: A Consciousness Thriller by Ben Mack 3 9.09%
Prague by Arthur Phillips 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #61
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
"well actually" said in an annoying and condescending voice...

You guys are free to read any book you want and create a thread about it. That was done for the Count of Monte Cristo. (Which I have on my ever growing to-read list)

BOb
Yes, but that takes all the fun out of it
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Yes, but that takes all the fun out of it
Ok... go for it then!

BOb
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #63
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm... who contacted Richard Herley before? He might be happy to know his book is running away with all the votes this month.

BOb
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #64
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Hmm... who contacted Richard Herley before? He might be happy to know his book is running away with all the votes this month.

BOb
I'm not sure, but I bet he'll be happy to know it
Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 AM   #65
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:

BOb
I've been following the poll, but in the interests of neutrality I haven't poked my nose in! Nor have I voted, because that wouldn't have been right.

If Refuge does win, don't forget you can get a copy in plain text or MS-Word format from here; other formats are available here.
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #66
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
I've been following the poll, but in the interests of neutrality I haven't poked my nose in! Nor have I voted, because that wouldn't have been right.

If Refuge does win, don't forget you can get a copy in plain text or MS-Word format from here; other formats are available here.
Thanks Richard!

Since there are only a few hours left, I'd say you're pretty safe to win
Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #67
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Since there are only a few hours left, I'd say you're pretty safe to win
Agreed. And I am looking forward to reading it. I'm just about done with the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus (been reading this for 3 months) and Refuge is next on my list.

BOb
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #68
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I went to Richards site, and there is a link where those who wish to can donate via paypal, or credit card.

Easy peasy. You can also sign up for his newsletter/blog.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #69
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'd just like to remind the group that I've waived the fee for Refuge for any who read it for the purposes of the discussion. After all, one of the requirements for books in this poll is that they should be free.

If you do like that novel and enjoy some or all of the others, then I'd of course be very pleased if you decide to pay for those.

I have to say that people are being pretty honest, as far as I can tell, and while my site is not exactly making a fortune, there's a chance that shareware may be shaping up, long-term, as a viable model for independent authors. This could be great news for ebook fans: low prices, a wide variety of formats, and of course no DRM!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #70
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so...........do I get my money back? I believe I donated $465.73.........
Old 01-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #71
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Mr Herley, have you voted in our "What Country are you From" poll?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #72
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
so...........do I get my money back? I believe I donated $465.73.........
I'm sure you will. That's only about £5.

BOb
Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I'm sure you will. That's only about £5.

BOb
sad, just sad...........
Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there a nicely made LRF with a proper ToC? If Refugure winas and there is not such, I'll have to make one. But where could I post it for others to read (if that would be allowed)?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #75
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a nicely made LRF with a proper ToC? If Refugure winas and there is not such, I'll have to make one. But where could I post it for others to read (if that would be allowed)?
I don't know... there is an LRF at Feedbooks. I have no idea how good it is. I just got the .mobi from there and the Title metadata seems wrong. At least calibre read the title as "Herley".

BOb
Closed Thread