Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
Emcee
Emcee began at the beginning.

Device: sony
help with converting

help please with calibre
Hi all - I am Emcee - a newbie to this group. I am using Calibre and for some reason I am unable to convert my files to EPUB so they can be read. I can convert to MOBI but my sony reader is not too fond of MOBI. The problem with the conversion is all the lines run together - squished like - I get about 15 lines in one half inch - hard to explain - but a 150 page book is reduced down to about 30 pages if you get my drift. I am not too technically challenged but I really don't know how to go about fixing this problem. This problem helps whether I am converting from LIT, LRT, PDF or MOBI to EPUB. I have un-installed Calibre and re-installed - and that did not correct the problem. I have gone thru my books and I can open them on my computer in the other formats so the downloads are good. I can't remember when this problem started or whether I have always had it - I know that last year I was really frustrated reading my reader only to open a new book and it was all screwed up. I sort of quit using my reader but I have started again. Thanks for any help
Emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sony's read EPUB

so the first thing is to put the conversion settings back to Default

(which you should have ALSO restored to default Upper Right corner of Preferences:Common options ) Set the Output profile to you Sony Model (family)

Note any previous conversion setting is saved with the book that was converted. Use the button at the bottom of the conversion form to reset to the Current System Preference

Last edited by theducks; 06-17-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo and emphasis
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Emcee
Emcee began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Thank you - that worked - I really appreciate the help. Once again, Thank you!
Emcee is offline   Reply With Quote