Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
Missing or skipped text/pages

Has anyone encountered an issue (1.5 firmware) where there are pages that seem to be missing when reading on the nook? I checked the file by opening it from the nook via the PC and the text all shows up fine. When I load the nook, there are pages that will fail to load. I've googled the issue and saw that it was an issue with previous firmwares and it was resolved. Could it have come back in 1.5? I have tried the solutions provided by the previous bug (change font and size), but it didn't work.

The book I have issues with is The Girl Who Kick The Hornet's Nest. Somewhere in the book, there is a picture of a bubble text in Chapter 13 that says "See, that wasn't so hard.". The ebook stops right before the bubble text and skips to Chapter 14. Also, the last 4 pages of the book is chopped off until the Appendix. However, when I open the EPUB, it looks perfect on the PC and the bubble text and missing pages show up.

What's weird is that the missing pages act very weird. The place where the bubble text is shows page 225. If I click next, it skips to page 235. If I hit back, it goes back to the page with the missing bubble text and says page 234. I hit back again and goes back to page 225. It's almost as if the file is corrupt, but it works fine on the PC.

Now, I am afraid other books will be the same.

Last edited by kilmar; 12-08-2010 at 03:38 PM.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
I guess no one else has seen the issue.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert