Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Coverflow/browser full screen books

Whenever I use the Full screen version of Coverbrowser to view my books, I only get 11 on screen.
5 either side of the one in middle.
This is regardless of the setting "number of covers to show in browser mode" being 11, 21, 31 or any other number

Is this because of the screen resolution 1920*1080 and the aspect ration the program displays the covers at?
If I go out of full screen and shorten the hight of the cover browser window I will get the full specified number of covers across the width.

will it be possible to have coverbrowser in full screen but be able to see more than 11 covers? or am I doing something wrong
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The aspect ratio of the covers is fixed, the number of covers visible depends on the aspect ratio of the cover browser window.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Whenever I use the Full screen version of Coverbrowser to view my books, I only get 11 on screen.
5 either side of the one in middle.
This is regardless of the setting "number of covers to show in browser mode" being 11, 21, 31 or any other number

Is this because of the screen resolution 1920*1080 and the aspect ration the program displays the covers at?
If I go out of full screen and shorten the hight of the cover browser window I will get the full specified number of covers across the width.

will it be possible to have coverbrowser in full screen but be able to see more than 11 covers? or am I doing something wrong
I think something is broken (the Full screen part is a red hearing)

My setting is 15,
21 books show in a separate window, type view (1440 monitor)
NOTE: the number of books shown seems to vary with the Window width with a maximum of 31 (spanning screens 1024+1440)

XP SP3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
15 means 15 on each side. The number that actually show depends on the aspect ration of the window. Try changing its height leaving the wodth the same and you will see the number change.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
15 means 15 on each side. The number that actually show depends on the aspect ration of the window. Try changing its height leaving the wodth the same and you will see the number change.
I thought it might, then said: Nah!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thats a shame, I mean its a great feature to go full screen, but shame that black borders could not be used so you could zoom in and out. That would enable you to see as many books as you have put in the settings.

Just erks me that full screen is such a small number of books, still love the feature, and I'm sure one day it will change to something better, visual displays of media is so much nicer when your browsing about aimlessly for something to consume.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thats a shame, I mean its a great feature to go full screen, but shame that black borders could not be used so you could zoom in and out. That would enable you to see as many books as you have put in the settings.

Just erks me that full screen is such a small number of books, still love the feature, and I'm sure one day it will change to something better, visual displays of media is so much nicer when your browsing about aimlessly for something to consume.
Untick full screen, but use the "In separate Window" option. That window is resizable to near full screen.
I get quite a few books on 1440x900 (mode set. 1990x1050 is just too small for old eyes )
Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
transmitthis
Addict

That's same as having full screen and f11, then resize to suit.
But yes thats why I suggested some kind of black border to the popout, so it would be "full screen" but be adjustable to display more than a few books.

PS - just had mine streached across 2 monitors (3600x1080) and displaying 40 books a side, about half hight - looks awesome - if only it was on all black background.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
That's same as having full screen and f11, then resize to suit.
But yes thats why I suggested some kind of black border to the popout, so it would be "full screen" but be adjustable to display more than a few books.

PS - just had mine streached across 2 monitors (3600x1080) and displaying 40 books a side, about half hight - looks awesome - if only it was on all black background.
That window is Glossy look Black (complete with reflection) on my Monitors
Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
transmitthis
Addict

err, yes...
hrm, don't think I explained myself there.
I meant if that window was full screen - ie takes up the entire screen with no borders.
And then you had an option to move in and out - ie alter the hight without going out of full screen view.

I'm sure you know what I mean. - a way to view more covers in the full screen view.

This explains it
The red border is just so you know the size of the window

1 - Full screen only 11 covers
2 - non full screen more covers but in a window
3 - suggestion was, full screen with black borders, so the actual size could be user configured from this smallish one with many covers, all the way up to the large on with few covers

That would keep, the aspect ratio of the covers as there supposed to be, while allowing a kind of faux zoom function.

I know it's not possible now, after looking into it, but maybe in the future something like this will be.
Would also be cool, instead of just the flat covers, to actually have the rest of the book, so you would see the spline and maybe some of the side with pages (that would just be an overlay image, same for all books, but would give them a real 3d feel.
Anyway I'm rambling now, so.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullscreen only 11 covers shown.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	81547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Non full screen over 30 covers shown.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	81548   Click image for larger version

Name:	full screen with black borders.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	81549  

Last edited by transmitthis; 01-20-2012 at 12:53 PM.