Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
drakebelisarius
drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Need Help with PW2 Metadata Plugboard and author sort PLUS series name

I decided to use calibre plugboards to export my stuff to Kindle PW2 with the series name and index in the author field. If I exported Nine Princes in Amber, therefore, the ideal result would be

Nine Princes in Amber
Roger Zelazny (The Great Book of Amber 1)

where it is still sorted by last name. Now, I've searched for help, and I know that if I want the Kindle to sort my books by last name, the "author" field has to have the format lastname, firstname, which it turns into firstname lastname and sorts correctly.

What I want to do, and what I've found no help for by searching, is get it to do that (so display firstname lastname but sort by last name) while still displaying the series and series index.

What I get is:

Nine Princes in Amber
Roger (The Great Book of Amber 1) Zelazny

Or I get a correctly-formatted entry that sorts by the author's first name.

I can also use a semicolon to separate the author from the series, but that gives me:

Roger Zelazny and The Great Book of Amber 1

which I also don't like. This is my current plugboard entry for the author field.

{author_sort} {series:|(|} {series_index:||)}

Please help.
drakebelisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Got your message, here I am.

Try this:
Code:
{author_sort:re(([^\,]*)\,(.*),\1)} {series:|(|} {series_index:||)}, {author_sort:re(([^\,]*)\,(.*),\2)}
This produces "Zelazny (The Great Book of Amber 1), Roger" so author_sort returns sorting by Z(elazny), but moves everything after the comma ("Roger") to before, in the view.

It's just a matter of asking what you want to create, and then figuring out how to produce it.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-26-2014 at 07:12 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
drakebelisarius
drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
This is excellent. Thank you so much!
drakebelisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
So it worked properly?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote