Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
stevec1409
stevec1409 began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub to mobi - Displays Html tags

I just switched to calibre 0.7.45 and I just tried converting a couple books from epub to mobi and when the conversion is complete the calibre viewer is showing all the html tags in the mobi file. (ie. >div>, >h2>)

Everything looks fine in the epub file but the mobi is all messed up. Files that were converted in previous versions are fine but if I do the conversion from the epub again, I get all the html tags.

Is there an option in Calibre that I hit that made this happen or is this just a bug.
stevec1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to attach a file showing this behavior.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
stevec1409

Thanks.

I have attached both the epub file and the converted mobi.

Last edited by Manichean; 02-14-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: removed attachments
Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You cannot attach copyrighted works here.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket and attach the epub file there
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
stevec1409

Sorry about the copyrighted content. I tried to only put up a chapter so you get an idea. I didn't realize, I put up so much of the book.

I'm also not sure what a ticket is. I'm really new to this kind of stuff.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Create a new ticket in Calibre's bug tracker. Attach the files there. It's on different servers and a different site, different rules apply there.
Remember to include as much info about what goes wrong as you can, and/or link back to this thread.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
stevec1409

Thanks a lot Manichean. And I would like to apologize again for the copyright material.