Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #1201
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Two more weeks until Cold Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much is to pre-order in the US? It's $18.59 here
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #1202
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
$14.99 for the e-book (which shows how much I love the series)

$16.18 for Hardcover
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1203
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
$14.99 for the e-book (which shows how much I love the series)

$16.18 for Hardcover
I would gladly pay the $14.99...so far I've paid $12.52 each for all the Dresden novels. I'm not sure I can do the $18.59, which is a shame. It took almost a year for the price of Ghost Story to come down from $18 to $12. I hope I don't have to wait that long this time.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #1204
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
I would gladly pay the $14.99...so far I've paid $12.52 each for all the Dresden novels. I'm not sure I can do the $18.59, which is a shame. It took almost a year for the price of Ghost Story to come down from $18 to $12. I hope I don't have to wait that long this time.
On release day, I'll be checking prices at Books On Board, Kobo and B&N.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #1205
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 14 days to book 14!

Quote from jim-butcher.com.

Quote:
14 to 14

Nov 13, 2012

14 days to book 14!

Ease the wait with Chapter 3 of Cold Days and desktop wallpaper, featuring cover art by Chris McGrath:

800×600
1024×768
1280×800
1280×1024
1440×900
1600×1200
1920×1200

Do you have a burning question for Jim in these last few days before the book’s release? He’ll be doing two live Q&A events in the next week. The first will be hosted by BittenByBooks.com on Thursday, November 15th, 12-4pm CST. The second will be an AMA (“Ask Me Anything”) on Reddit’s /r/Fantasy section on Tuesday, November 20th. Links will be posted as soon as they’re live!

Preorder Cold Days from your local independent bookstore or through our web store, or get an autographed copy from Dog Eared Books’ virtual signing.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #1206
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Again the cover is wrong. Harry has that stupid hat and a cloth duster. The artist and whoever approves the covers should both be fired and all the covers redone properly.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #1207
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
USD 14.99 for preorder at amazon.com
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #1208
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Again the cover is wrong. Harry has that stupid hat and a cloth duster. The artist and whoever approves the covers should both be fired and all the covers redone properly.
So email him and tell him so

Last edited by Pookeysgirl; 11-13-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Edit: Wrong url
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #1209
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Jon, relax. They do it because: 1. That's the way they started and thats the way they want to end; 2. It looks good.

No harm, no foul.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #1210
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Jon, relax. They do it because: 1. That's the way they started and thats the way they want to end; 2. It looks good.

No harm, no foul.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #1211
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm almost done with Changes (which is brutal). I just got my hands on The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor audiobook, and might hit that one and Iron Druid #4 before I move on to Ghost Story, but I should still be ready right around the time Cold Days drops. It will be weird not to have any more Dresden in the hopper
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #1212
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Oops!

Quote:
So email him and tell him so: www.chrismcgrath.com
....er....that's not Christian McGrath the illustrator.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #1213
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
....er....that's not Christian McGrath the illustrator.

Sorry I thought that was the person that did the picture Jon was complaining about?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1214
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Sorry I thought that was the person that did the picture Jon was complaining about?
Close - http://www.christianmcgrath.com/
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1215
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
That's really weird...I clicked the link in Alans post below and copied the link from my browser into my own post.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy