Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #1
Sarah Zettel
Sarah Zettel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader, iPhone
Unscientific Reader Poll

Hi, everybody. Hope you're having a good holiday seasion so far, or at least keeping warm.

As some of you may know, I'm one of the authors with ebook site Book View Cafe (plug on www.bookviewcafe.com, plug off), and we're putting together a fantasy anthology, and we've it a conundrum.

The book itself is big; about 210K, and we're wondering whether to break it into 2 shorter volumes.

So, we're asking readers, which would you be more likely to purchase/rather read: 1 Deluxe ebook (read Big) at a price of, say $8.99 or 2 shorter ebooks at, say $4.99. We would be offering sample stories up so readers could try before they buy in either case.

Thanks for your time and your feedback.
Sarah Zettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Zettel View Post
Hi, everybody. Hope you're having a good holiday seasion so far, or at least keeping warm.

As some of you may know, I'm one of the authors with ebook site Book View Cafe (plug on www.bookviewcafe.com, plug off), and we're putting together a fantasy anthology, and we've it a conundrum.

The book itself is big; about 210K, and we're wondering whether to break it into 2 shorter volumes.

So, we're asking readers, which would you be more likely to purchase/rather read: 1 Deluxe ebook (read Big) at a price of, say $8.99 or 2 shorter ebooks at, say $4.99. We would be offering sample stories up so readers could try before they buy in either case.

Thanks for your time and your feedback.
Hi Sarah

I prefer biggies! So the Deluxe would be nice to have!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
the one big one
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Zettel View Post
That's actually on the small side. I just checked my library and I have some anthologies that barely crack 500k even though they include multiple novels.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Yes, I don't know what format it's in, but 210K seems tiny. The only things I have (in .rtf, mostly) smaller than that are novellas, novelettes, and perhaps a YA title or two.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert