Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #61
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
the reason I ordered the PW2 is more the new functions than the display.
You are probably as excited as I am about the word flash cards? I saw the functionality reviewed on lesen.de and can't wait!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #62
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I ordered on Sep 6, 2013, and my cover has been shipped and will arrive Sep 10, 2013. My Paperwhite 2013 will arrive Oct 2, 2013.
I predict you will have a perfect screen
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #63
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
You are probably as excited as I am about the word flash cards? I saw the functionality reviewed on lesen.de and can't wait!
YES !!! That's exactly the function I want and have been trying (to no success) to emulate with hacking on other readers. That sold me the PW2. If it has a better contrast and a super white display on top, that's cherry on the cake, but the cake is the flash cards function.

Left with only two dilemmas: cover or not cover ? and if yes, which color, persimmon or purple ?

Last edited by aceflor; 09-10-2013 at 12:50 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #64
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
October 22, on the release date here in Japan.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #65
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
YES !!! That's exactly the function I want and have been trying (to no success) to emulate with hacking on other readers. That sold me the PW2. If it has a better contrast and a super white display on top, that's cherry on the cake, but the cake is the flash cards function.

Left with only two dilemmas: cover or not cover ? and if yes, which color, persimmon or purple ?
I'll make it easy for you: yes and purple
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #66
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I'll make it easy for you: yes and purple
I already followed your other thread (thanks for that btw, cannot give you more Karma today says MR) and will wait until it arrives to see whether I'll get an original one after all.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #67
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
Ordered on the 8th, and the expected delivery is October 21st to the 30th. Release date is the 10th here. Things always take a while to arrive to my little island.

I already have its cover (a lilac faux leather cover from Tuff Luv - most of my ereader covers are by them) on the way in the mail.

Last edited by Avalona; 09-10-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Avalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #68
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
I already followed your other thread (thanks for that btw, cannot give you more Karma today says MR) and will wait until it arrives to see whether I'll get an original one after all.
Thank you!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #69
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Between Oct 3 and Oct 7.
It appears among my devices so I edited its name.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #70
JakesFriend
Jakes Friend
JakesFriend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite1
Just ordered mine - expect it between 10/3 and 10/7. About the dictionary: I agree it would be nice to have it ignore em dashes (and other punctuation)! Note: this is Wi-Fi only, no 3G, and includes Special Offers.

Last edited by JakesFriend; 09-12-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Clarify specs for my order
JakesFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #71
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
October 2nd
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #72
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
November 6th for my PW2 3G.
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #73
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
What's "word flash card?"
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #74
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
What's "word flash card?"
According to the blurb "Words looked up in the dictionary are automatically added to Vocabulary Builder to expand your knowledge and reinforce retention. Swipe through your vocabulary words, quiz yourself with flashcards and instantly see those words in context"

Still not sure whether this is going to be useful to me or just another one of those irritating things that is built in and that I'll never want to use. I hope words can be removed from the vocabulary builder or that the adding function can be turned off altogether (probably wishful thinking tough)
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #75
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oct 2, but I expect it on the first, going by past experience.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote