Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Sony Reader for Tablet out in the Market

https://market.android.com/search?q=...t.other&rdot=1

Unfortunately, it will not let me install it on either my Toshiba Thrive (3.1) or my Comet (2.2). Can any of you install it?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It appears to be Sony only.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
https://market.android.com/search?q=...t.other&rdot=1

Unfortunately, it will not let me install it on either my Toshiba Thrive (3.1) or my Comet (2.2). Can any of you install it?
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

You want that one. Reader for Android. Not Reader for a Sony tablet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
So they came out with an app specifically for their tablet? I guess that means the one released in January will never get an update now. How do you have an app that's still version 1.0 seven months after release knowing there are bugs and lackluster features?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No John, I want the tablet one. Hopefully itll work better than the other one.
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No John, I want the tablet one. Hopefully itll work better than the other one.
There is no general tablet one. The only one I see is for Sony's branded tablet. I guess that's why it won't install.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

It may be for Sony's tablet, but I hope some adventurous person extracts the APK file and posts it some where so those of us with honeycomb tablets can experiment with it.

Last edited by luqmaninbmore; 09-16-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
It may be for Sony's tablet, but I hope some adventurous person extracts the APK file and posts it some where so those of use with honeycomb tablets can experiment with it.
Oh, I thought you had the file, but it won't install. Sorry.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

According to the bottom of the page:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/androidtablet/

It'll be available in December for all Android tablets. Seems like the only thing new it offers is two-page view. The original app has many missing features and there's no mention of them.

Last edited by SCION; 09-16-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
wingcloud
wingcloud began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-950BC, Sony Tablet S
sync feature

Hello everyone.

I got Sony Tablet S and enjoy Reader app.
I think Reader app for Sony Tablet is much better than for android!

Because I have a Reader Daily Edition and an android phone too,
this feature sounds very attractive:
"Sync your reading position, bookmarks, and highlights to Reader for Android or Reader Daily Edition"
http://ebookstore.sony.com/androidtablet/

But I could install Reader app for Japanese only from market.
(Japanese ver doesn't this feature)

Does anyone try sync feature?
Can you sync reading position of books not from ReaderStore?

Thank you.
wingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingcloud View Post

Does anyone try sync feature?
Can you sync reading position of books not from ReaderStore?

Thank you.
I have a Sony Tablet S. Yes, you can sync sideloaded books with the Reader app for tablets. Doesn't have to be from ReaderStore.

Do you want to try the Reader app (tablet) for English?

The Reader app for phones doesn't allow you to sideload books. You mentioned you have an Android phone.

Last edited by SCION; 10-28-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
wingcloud

Thank you very much for your response, SCION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I have a Sony Tablet S. Yes, you can sync sideloaded books with the Reader app for tablets. Doesn't have to be from ReaderStore.

Do you want to try the Reader app (tablet) for English?
GREAT! I DESIRE to try it!!
Could you upload apk file?

Quote:
The Reader app for phones doesn't allow you to sideload books.
I was afraid so. It's a pity..
Old 10-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Thank you very much for your response, SCION.

GREAT! I DESIRE to try it!!
Could you upload apk file?
Try this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Reader_OTHER.apk

It installs as a system app on the device. I copied it from /system/app. The name of the file isn't changed.

Last edited by SCION; 10-28-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
wingcloud

Quote:
Try this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Reader_OTHER.apk

It installs as a system app on the device. I copied it from /system/app. The name of the file isn't changed.
Thank you.
I successfully installed, but app leads me to the market
and I cannot update to full app.
I think it's a link app.(its size is too small)

Could you use APKoptic(for example) to make an apk?
In my (Japanese) case, APKoptic made a 25.07 Mb apk.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Thank you.
I successfully installed, but app leads me to the market
and I cannot update to full app.
I think it's a link app.(its size is too small)

Could you use APKoptic(for example) to make an apk?
In my (Japanese) case, APKoptic made a 25.07 Mb apk.
OK, try this one:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Reader.apk

It's 4.1 Mb, same as file size in the Market.