Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Does Calibre's ebook viewer support drag and drop?

I try to drag ebook files from explorer to the ebook viewer interface, but nothing happens. Does the viewer support drag and drop, or is there something I miss? Thanks.

Btw, I'm using win 7 + Total Commander, if it matters.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What would be the meaning of dropping files onto a book viewer? You can drop files onto the booklist in the main calibre window to add those files to calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Sometimes I use the Calibre's ebook viewer as a quick stand-alone ebook viewer, without starting the main Calibre program. It's quite useful to be able to move file from the windows explorer to the ebook viewer. Could this be done without starting Calibre?
Old 11-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Sometimes I use the Calibre's ebook viewer as a quick stand-alone ebook viewer, without starting the main Calibre program. It's quite useful to be able to move file from the windows explorer to the ebook viewer. Could this be done without starting Calibre?
I associate epubs with the viewer. Double clicking on any epub opens the epub in the viewer without opening the main calibre program.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I associate epubs with the viewer. Double clicking on any epub opens the epub in the viewer without opening the main calibre program.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Me too :-}
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote