Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually pdftohtml with the -c flag will give you pictures and I believe tables, unfortunately the resulting HTML is not suited for conversion into LRF.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The PDF import for Book Designer loses the graphics. All you get is the plain text. No styles. You could try pdftohtml to get the graphics and then insert the graphics manually. Also pdftohtml will keep the text styles without the -c options.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #18
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
anyone know if there is a later version that 30/5/2007? That version crashes when search and replace is used.
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #19
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
It works on mine.... Perhaps it's something in the settings?
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
anyone know if there is a later version that 30/5/2007? That version crashes when search and replace is used.
How did you install? You download the 4.0 version and then install from the MSI file and then copy over the installed files the update files.

If that is what you've done and it still crashes, turn off everything you have starting when the computer runs. Could be a conflict with something you run.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #21
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How did you install? You download the 4.0 version and then install from the MSI file and then copy over the installed files the update files.

If that is what you've done and it still crashes, turn off everything you have starting when the computer runs. Could be a conflict with something you run.
The question was apparently answered in this thread; turned out to be a conflict with Avast anti-virus according to gingercat.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

2007-07-30 version of Book Designer

I cannot say what is new until vvv tells us what is new. But if you've been having trouble with the previous update, try this one dated 2007-07-30.

P.S. See attachment for 2007-07-30 further on down this thread.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-21-2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: fixed up the 2007-07-30 upgrade so it should work for everyone now
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Dynamic HTML needed for Vista

To get the dynamic HTML that Vista BD needs (comes in XP) you can download it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Install this and then reinstall BD. But do not install BD in Program Files. BD needs access to it's own directory tree and Program Files by default doesn't allow such access.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
gingercat
Connoisseur

I was hoping this latest update might fix my find & replace problem. But no luck. This one has me completely beaten. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Did you install the Dynamic HTML from Microsoft?
Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #26
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
This release fixed the issue I had been having with meta-tags not working properly. The only issue I've had with it so far is converting PDB-to-LRF; for some reason it's not parsing the PDB properly and paragraphs are all over the place. On another note, the LIT-to-LRF is working perfectly; it only took me a few minutes to convert a score of LIT's I had to something usable. Now if only there was a way to highlight multiple "pre-selected" titles so I can remove them all at once instead of one at a time...

Great work vvv!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #27
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench
ZeBuddha began at the beginning.

Device: SE K800i & PSP - looking at PRS500 :D
Exclamation Converting to LRF problem.

After installing BD4.0, then extracting the 30/07/07 (or 07/30/07 in US format I suppose) update (overwriting) in the installation dir, when I try to save a file as LRF I get a "failed to make Sony Reader File" error. This happens regardless of the format of the original file (tested w/ .rtf, .pdf & .lit).

Also perhaps worth noting is that it shows up when in the status bar it has already done the conversion to LRS and starts/tries converting from LRS to LRF.

FYI: Running WinXP SP2, w/ Office 2007, Acrobat 8 Pro.

Note: I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling in a different directory (outside Program Files), but I still got the same result.
ZeBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #28
gingercat
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you install the Dynamic HTML from Microsoft?
whats this all about and where do I get it from?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
whats this all about and where do I get it from?
Did you bother to read this thread and see the link I posted?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBuddha View Post
After installing BD4.0, then extracting the 30/07/07 (or 07/30/07 in US format I suppose) update (overwriting) in the installation dir, when I try to save a file as LRF I get a "failed to make Sony Reader File" error. This happens regardless of the format of the original file (tested w/ .rtf, .pdf & .lit).

Also perhaps worth noting is that it shows up when in the status bar it has already done the conversion to LRS and starts/tries converting from LRS to LRF.

FYI: Running WinXP SP2, w/ Office 2007, Acrobat 8 Pro.

Note: I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling in a different directory (outside Program Files), but I still got the same result.
According to someone else in some other thread, the progrma with BD turned out to be his antivirus program. Anyway, disable EVERYTHING you run on startup and then see if BD works for you. Could be some sort of conflict with something you run.

Tags
bookdesigner