Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #26581
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
The extra load certainly ups the exercise value!

There's hope the fog will break today. I'm waiting to see, but hopeful. Meanwhile, a large glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and a big mug of Peet's English Breakfast tea.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #26582
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lion Mountain Keemun
Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #26583
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Belhaven Black Scottish Stout! Smooth, creamy, with a quite complex taste profile ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #26584
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Wake up mama, turn your lamp down low
Wake up mama, turn your lamp down low
Have you got the nerve to drive me from your door

Woke up this morning, put on my travelin' shoes
Woke up this morning, put on my trevelin' shoes
Don't know where I'm going' but I got them Statesboro Blues

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqDnlHizFkk )
THIS is how the blues should be sung!

Good morning, everyone! It's "Cowboy Day!" If you've ever been a cowboy you can sing along with the most famous of the cowboy songs:
Well, I started up the trail October twenty-third
Started up the trail with a 2-U herd
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yi yippee yay
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yay
Come along boys and listen to my tale
Tell you of my trouble on the old Chisholm Trail
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yi yippee yay
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yay

This was the trail used to drive cattle from Texas to Kansas back in the late 1800's, named for Jesse Chisholm. It was the most famous route for all the trail drives, starting at Chisholm's trading post along the Red River, and ending at his northern post in Abiline, Kansas. They made a movie about him in the 70's that starred John Wayne... of course.

I've got a big mug of my new English Breakfast tea to get me going today. I'm going to need a few refills after last night's music session. Played my fingers to the bone!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #26585
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bancha and preparing to gain 50 pounds today. I have a going away lunch for a friend being let go and a birthday dinner at my favorite steak place for a friend. ohhhh boy. Good food but not sure I am going to be able to eat much the rest of the week.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #26586
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You can eat as much as you like. Just don't swallow...

I've a glass of mango lassi to keep me happy right now!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #26587
CRussel
(he/him/his)

LOTS of strong, Peet's Major Dickason's coffee. The dogs got into something and were up and down all night. Sleep is highly overrated.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #26588
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bancha for now.

Food coma though. I only had a single patty burger and 1/3 of the fries but my god do I want a nap.

Charlie, something must be in the air. Our dogs got up and did some random barking at 2 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #26589
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Not good. Was 2:30 when Sir William Wallace of Ellerslie, aka Wally, decided that his tum-tum wasn't happy. And I never got back to sleep. Lovely way to start the day when I have to present to a User Group this evening. Sigh. At least I won't have to drive home after -- I'm staying over in Vancouver.

Switching from coffee to tea -- Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #26590
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Our pups got up barking and ran to the backyard door. I got them back to the room, Hubby checked the yard (looked out the window), we closed to door, and went back to bed.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #26591
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Here that would mean a deer, or more likely a bear. Especially this time of year, could well be a bear.

More Anniversary Breakfast Blend. I may float away, but it's keeping the eyes open.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #26592
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Hear it means a cat or squirrel. We have a tall fence that would be hard for a large animal to jump.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #26593
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Black Boss Porter ... and boy, did I need it!

Animals react to upcoming weather changes too. We're expecting a major cold front tonight ... and this morning Stella cat went wild ... hyperactive ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #26594
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Hear it means a cat or squirrel. We have a tall fence that would be hard for a large animal to jump.
Bears don't jump fences. They simply bowl them over. So far things haven't been too bad here this summer, but clearly there is a local bear and s/he is going into places s/he hasn't all year looking for food, stockpiling for the winter.

Old saying: "It only takes one bear to totally ruin your day."

Diet coke. And crap pizza as I get ready to go do my presentation.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #26595
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I figure if it was a bear we would hear it coming through the fence

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?