Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #24961
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Coffee this morning, Hippee Blend, I have some grinding to do for the week.

Tea Farmers Gedeng Gree Tuocha in my cup.

It is easier to type Earl Grey...

Nice taste. Earthy, 100% a green tea. Deeper in flavor then a Sencha or a Bancha but toatlly different from the typical Chinese Green. This is my first go with it so I will give a more complete report at the end of the day.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #24962
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Dinner with the next-door neighbors tonight. An eclectic mix of foods, and even more eclectic mix of teas! We did a tea tasting, as neither of them really ever tasted anything other (besides Japanese green teas) than Lipton's Yellow Label. Mixed reviews, with some rating 10/10, and other 5/10. (Neither cared much for the East India Company 'Assam' but raved about the E.I.C. 'Royal Breakfast' tea!)
Eight different teas (all black teas, either straight or blends) with the blends generally getting the highest scores by both husband and wife. However, both have now sworn off Lipton Yellow Label for life!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #24963
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Iced water in my 'cup' (pint glass)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #24964
elea
Nameless Being

There's a traditional five-flower tea in my cup this evening, featuring frangipani, arrowroot, honeysuckle, silk cotton and chrysanthemum. It's amazing.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #24965
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elea View Post
There's a traditional five-flower tea in my cup this evening, featuring frangipani, arrowroot, honeysuckle, silk cotton and chrysanthemum. It's amazing.
That sound nice! I love the smell of frangipani. We call it Plumeria, and always have a small tree growing on the veranda when we are in the right climate zone!

(By the way... don't let 'em pile up too far before you get to them....)

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #24966
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Dinner with the next-door neighbors tonight. An eclectic mix of foods, and even more eclectic mix of teas! We did a tea tasting, as neither of them really ever tasted anything other (besides Japanese green teas) than Lipton's Yellow Label. Mixed reviews, with some rating 10/10, and other 5/10. (Neither cared much for the East India Company 'Assam' but raved about the E.I.C. 'Royal Breakfast' tea!)
Eight different teas (all black teas, either straight or blends) with the blends generally getting the highest scores by both husband and wife. However, both have now sworn off Lipton Yellow Label for life!

Stitchawl
Well done! I'm not surprised about the Assam, but if they stick to real teas they may change their minds there over time. IAC, a fun thing to do.

This morning, a second steeping of my favourite Keemun Xian Zhen. I don't usually re-steep after the leaves have sat overnight, but I had to try it with this Keemun being rather pricey. And it held up remarkably well. I'm pleased.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #24967
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See, the more tea I drink, the less I like the Assam and Darjeleing. I prefer the stronger blacks like the Pu-Erh. I rarely drink black tea these days, Oolong, Pu-Erh, and Green teas. The occassional Keemun is about it.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #24968
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting. I like Keemun (you may have noticed), but also quite like a good Darjeeling. (OTOH, there's some awful stuff going by that designation!) Less interested in Assam, though it's a good addition to a blend. Oolongs are also good, and even the occasional green, though I prefer China to Japan there. Pu-Erh, I've tried a couple, and they're OK but they haven't wow'd me yet.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #24969
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I tend to like strong flavors and find the Assams and Darjeelings are kind of tame for me. I started with them and like them but grew out of them.

The Tea Farmers Gedeng Gree Tuocha was good. Held up to three steepings, the fourth was really weak.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #24970
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fresh coffee in my cup and a biscotti on my plate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #24971
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea of the day in my mug.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #24972
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Attachment 106317

Enjoying the great outdoors. He drinks formula or water, that is it. I know juice is coming soon but for now, water or formula.
Cute little boy! And one year almost......time flies....

in my cup: cold Arabica-coffee

as for my teas, I thought I liked pure Ceylon, so I bought a pound in China (well, also for the nice red/gold tin), but I like my greens and Rooibos more.

@dreams: are all the wasps gone? I forgot to hang a waspinator this year and now, after the first day of sunshine in a long time, they begin to swarm I think.
They burrow in my garden, but I have to take care in using insecticides. These chemicals tend to go into the groundwater (is this English, well...)and then into the plants where the bees search for food. Bees are very suspectible for these things and are threatened by irresponsible use of these chemicals.
And I have a cat, Polly, who digs holes in my garden......
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #24973
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I don't have the wasps that burrow in the ground around my home, just the paper wasps. I was able to knock down two in the front, but haven't been able to get the one in the back yet. I have to find something to reach high enough to scrape off the last little bit because the left over wasps are just sitting there where the nest was.

My boss gets the wasps like you have, but I don't remember what she uses to get rid of them. I don't think it is anything chemical, as she also keeps bees.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #24974
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I tend to like strong flavors and find the Assams and Darjeelings are kind of tame for me. I started with them and like them but grew out of them.

The Tea Farmers Gedeng Gree Tuocha was good. Held up to three steepings, the fourth was really weak.
Three steepings is good. I can usually get at least two out of my Keemuns, and three out of the Xian Zhen. But after sitting overnight, two was the limit.

What I like about Darjeelings is the nose. Very distinctive, almost floral, nose, both in the tin and brewed. The variation in strength of licquor goes from extremely mild (many of the first flush estate teas) to substantial (the better 2nd flush estate teas) to rather too strong and harsh (that dust they put in bags and label "Darjeeling").

This afternoon - all this talk about Darjeeling has me wanting a bit of 2nd Flush Darjeeling. Think I'll have the Puttabong Estate.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #24975
Stitchawl
Opsimath

The day that the rains came down
Mother earth smiled again
Now the lilacs could bloom
Now the fields could grow greener

The fday that the rains came down
Buds were born, love was born
As the young buds will grow
So our young love will grow
Love, sweet love

A robin sang a song of love
A willow tree reached up to the heavens
Asif to thank the sky above
For all that rain, that welcome rain

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8X5rE-oTZA )

It's Official! Japan's 'Rainy Season' has been declared in the southern island of Kyushu, and should reach the Kansai plain by the end of this week. I think the weatherman should have looked out his window this morning though... It's raining hard right now! Rice planting should get going in the next couple of weeks.

Good morning, everyone! There are only 6 more empty boxes stacked up. I hope that will be enough to finished what we need to do. Got all the herbs and spices done yesterday, and lots of canned goods, but haven't even started on the pots, pans, or dishes. I'll spend an hour or two this morning sharpening all the knives before packing them away, then it's off to the Vet for the "One week before travel" certification papers. So right now, it's the last of the unbranded Keemun that I left out, and a big bag of croissants one of the neighbors brought over yesterday. Every few hours the doorbell rings and it's another neighbor bringing food! I'm trying to use up what's in the fridge, but it looks as if that's not going to happen. Maybe people are just so happy we're going that they are trying to hurry us out! Sunday the folks who pre-bought at our moving sale will start carrying away the furniture. The veranda is now almost completely bare... the herbs are gone, the cedar tree is gone, the big Yucca is gone... The only thing left is Filicity's pot of Oatgrass, which she was ferociously guarding as people carried off the other plants.

Well... I think I can get another steeping of this Keemun, then it's off to sharpen the knives.

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?