Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Where does the Kobo app store the books on the file system?

Hi,
Can somebody please tell me where the Kobo app stores the books and annotations on the file system on my PC and Mac?

Thanks,
Diddy
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
annian
annian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g wireless+wifi new E ink pearl technology
Did you ever find out how to add books to the kobo vox. I am having the sme problem.
annian
annian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
diddy
Connoisseur

I only have the Kobo app installed on my Mac. I don't own a Kobo eReader. I'd like to understand where on the file system the book files and the annotations are stored.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I forget were the books are stored, but you do know that you can't do ANYTHING with the book files? They are in the format that we call KePub (Kobo epub), and right now there isn't any way to remove the DRM from them, and the names are just a bunch of letters and numbers.

If you go the Kobo site under "My Library" and download the Adobo DRM Epub, which can be put onto any device that is authorized by your Adobe Account. Or you could remove the DRM and skip the registering process.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
the books are stored in ~\Library\Application Support\Kobo\Kobo Desktop Application

As mentioned above, you cant do anything with them
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
diddy
Connoisseur

Many thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated. I hoped that the highlights were accessible in text form.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy View Post
Many thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated. I hoped that the highlights were accessible in text form.
I think calibre can export highlights and notes. But not sure.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #8
diddy
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot. I'll have a look at it.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I think calibre can export highlights and notes. But not sure.
From a file on the Touch, Calibre exports the Annotations as comments, not as bookmarks.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote