Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
t3l01v
Enthusiast
t3l01v began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Restoring my MicroSD card?

O tried to format my MicroSD card after rooting successfully, but when Windows tries to format it, the capacity is 39.1MB.

It's got to have something to do with me not 'un-imaging' the disk. Can someone help?
t3l01v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3l01v View Post
O tried to format my MicroSD card after rooting successfully, but when Windows tries to format it, the capacity is 39.1MB.

It's got to have something to do with me not 'un-imaging' the disk. Can someone help?
Use your Nook to format it: From the center home button: Settings, Device Info, SD Card, Unmount SD card, Format SD card.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
SarahN
SarahN began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
This only works for Nook Color?
My Nook Classic isn't recognizing my card at all.
Can someone point me towards more information about this?
Thanks in advance.
SarahN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahN View Post
This only works for Nook Color?
My Nook Classic isn't recognizing my card at all.
Can someone point me towards more information about this?
Thanks in advance.
I was able to reclaim the lost space by using a partition manager. (In Windows) EASEUS Partition Master has a home version for free that should do the trick. With it, you can delete all the partitions on the SD card and re-format. However, caution is strongly advised. Operating on the wrong storage device can have dire consequences and for most intents and purposes there is no easy undo. It may be easier to just buy a new card if you're not tech-savvy.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote