Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
miwie
Connoisseur
miwie began at the beginning.

Device: Android, PB Pro 602
How to use recipe with subscription from command line

How do I use a recipe which needs subscription (and has a 'get_browser()' function) from the command line with 'ebook-convert'?
miwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Basically, you run ebook-convert recipe-filename.recipe outputfilename.format where format is the output format you want. Be aware, though, that this doesn't add the downloaded news to the library and it doesn't automatically transfer to the reader. If you need further instructions, try reading the manual for ebook-convert or searching the forums.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
miwie
Connoisseur
miwie began at the beginning.

Device: Android, PB Pro 602
I knew how to run ebook-convert in general but just found the answer to my question:

Quote:
ebook-convert ... --username user --password xxx
miwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
JvdW
Zealot
JvdW doesn't litterJvdW doesn't litter

Device: Palm T5, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwie View Post
I knew how to run ebook-convert in general but just found the answer to my question:
Now if you want to add that epub to Calibre as News and have it automatically send to your device on connection that is possible. Just look for the topic(s) about getting the dutch NRC into Calibre. Searching for nrc.bat will get you there. A couple of days ago I made a change to the script because of changes in Calibre.

Regards,

Joop
JvdW is offline   Reply With Quote