Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #106
splitpersonality
splitpersonality began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Thanks I see that now, I'll give it a go. Sorry for the n00b questions! Actually pretty excited now for some adb fun now ...
splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #107
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
I updated to V1.01.001 without problem, but cannot sign in Google account. What I am possibly doing wrong?
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #108
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
I updated to V1.01.001 without problem, but cannot sign in Google account. What I am possibly doing wrong?
You're doing nothing wrong, they want cell connection to do that.
That's two-prong assault:
- Google has an obligation for cell providers to route their traffic through cell network - it's my speculation;
- Google wants to know your location, we know that, and cell gives them better results than GPS.

Google needs that only once to make sure your account has been provisioned by cell carrier.
That's why if you have Android phone already you can use Titanium backup method described somewhere else in this forum to enable your Google account.

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-10-2011 at 02:53 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #109
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
ptsenter> it can be done. my Notion ink and Nook color do not have phone but the market works fine. also have you seen the bluepanther thunder rom (which is same architecture?), that one got market as well, so can be done. How I have no clue.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #110
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

as I can not test this rom on my unit as rotate+menu procedure does not work on mine, try this 2 things for me.
1. set your account
2. in the settings background data and autosync ticked.
3. under manage applications/running/
a) google services provider/force stop/clear data
b) market /force stop/clear data
Restart the device than try to log in on google talk or google email.
than tell me what the market is saying when trying to run it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
Old 07-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #111
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
I ended up flash back to stock 2.2 since the modified version causing my PE unstable and unresponsive. Will try it later.

BTW, there is some strange background music (which don't exist before) that I don't know how to turn it off except make it mute. I checked running services but did not find anything. Anyone has experience of this?

Last edited by thinredline; 07-10-2011 at 11:11 PM.
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #112
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
We don't have Dingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
Thanks to ptsenter insistence and generosity of Gunnerp245 we are having the dingo source codes here or here (mirror).
These two references are not what Gunnerp245 provided.

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-11-2011 at 12:46 AM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:01 AM   #113
vicinc
Guru

I see. I asked him to pack all in one file and email me. looks like is not the complete archive. Can you Gunnerp245 email them again as a single file please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
These two references are not what Gunnerp245 provided.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #114
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Updated: GPL Dingo Source Dropbox 'public' links.

Quote:
I see. I asked him to pack all in one file and email me. looks like is not the complete archive. Can you Gunnerp245 email them again as a single file please?
I just updated the GPL Dingo Source Dropbox 'public' links thread with the compressed file containing all 32 GPL files.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #115
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
robot's "Custom firmware" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
I just updated the GPL Dingo Source Dropbox 'public' links thread with the compressed file containing all 32 GPL files.
I am interested in what you all are attempting to do, though I am without the knowledge and experience to assist. Have you had the opportunity to review robot's thread on Custom firmware?

I mention it as there seems to be allot of terminal commands.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #116
vicinc
Guru

i did amended the file from top of the thread.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #117
westparker
westparker began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
It was your link that gave me the correct file for the Ermine update. Thank you. If I decide to try the upgraded files you link to, are there any different steps to take?
westparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #118
vicinc
Guru

no same. the rom is slightly modified an you can reverse at anytime.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #119
vicinc
Guru

just an idea for cooks. had any run a diff on the bluepanther px168 rom and our 2.2 froyo. the results may be interesting and you could try to take an upgrade path from there?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #120
DroidEDI
DroidEDI began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Pocket Edge 2.2 .
I just came across this thread and was hoping this worked for the EE or somebody had one that does. Just looking for a little bit more stablity and maybe the market I don't mind trying the pocket one, but I don't wanta kill my EE

Thanks for the input! I'll re-read the thread when I get off of work, but I didn't see a mention of the EE anywhere.

DroidEDI is offline   Reply With Quote