Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2022, 12:52 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Libra2 sleepcover puts reader to sleep when folded behind for reading

I have a Libre 2 with sleepcover. When I open it, the reader wakes up, but when I fold the cover behind the device, so I can hold it normally while reading, it puts the reader to sleep again. It's like the magnet is too strong and is being sensed from behind.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:34 AM   #2
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I have a Libre 2 with sleepcover. When I open it, the reader wakes up, but when I fold the cover behind the device, so I can hold it normally while reading, it puts the reader to sleep again. It's like the magnet is too strong and is being sensed from behind.
Get a different cover then.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2022, 03:47 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Get a different cover then.
Very helpful thank you - not. It's a real Kobo cover so why doesn't it bloody work !!!!
Old 07-15-2022, 04:10 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Very helpful thank you - not. It's a real Kobo cover so why doesn't it bloody work !!!!
I have a Kobo sleepcover and I have no trouble folding it back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:32 AM   #5
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
May just be a problem with that one cover.
Try getting the supplier to swap it for another.
I once got one where the magnet was too weak to hold the cover closed, so swapped it for a non-faulty one.
They'll be mass produced in China no doubt, so not consistent.

I've read of people having this issue with covers of all makes, and suspect it's just one of those things.
I always fold my cover back for reading, always have, and never had the problem.
I use Forefront shell cases, have done for years, and never had a problem with the cases or the magnets. Or indeed with the company.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2022, 04:43 AM   #6
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
May just be a problem with that one cover.
Try getting the supplier to swap it for another.
I once got one where the magnet was too weak to hold the cover closed, so swapped it for a non-faulty one.
They'll be mass produced in China no doubt, so not consistent.

I've read of people having this issue with covers of all makes, and suspect it's just one of those things.
I always fold my cover back for reading, always have, and never had the problem.
I use Forefront shell cases, have done for years, and never had a problem with the cases or the magnets. Or indeed with the company.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, maybe I would be better off with something other than the Kobo original. Annoying as it was expensive enough, and it didn't do it when I first got it. I wonder if they have changed something in software - like maybe the sensitivity of the sensor.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:44 AM   #7
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a Kobo sleepcover and I have no trouble folding it back.

Of course, you shouldn't, as that's how it is meant to be used. Nevertheless, mine does as I reported.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:32 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course, you shouldn't, as that's how it is meant to be used. Nevertheless, mine does as I reported.
I suggest swapping it for another cover. Maybe just that one has overly strong magnets.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:10 AM   #9
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest swapping it for another cover. Maybe just that one has overly strong magnets.
I can't, I have had it too long. As I mentioned, it didn't behave like this at first. It started doing it a couple of weeks ago, but was fine for at least 6 months (IIRC)
Old 07-15-2022, 10:25 AM   #10
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
I can't, I have had it too long. As I mentioned, it didn't behave like this at first. It started doing it a couple of weeks ago, but was fine for at least 6 months (IIRC)
It should have a 12 month warranty.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:55 AM   #11
ciuvak
ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I have the same issue with my Libra 2 with the official sleep cover. When the cover is folded back, it puts the device to sleep randomly, depending on how I hold it or if I press a bit harder on one of the corners.
The cover's magnet is probably too strong, and the device thinks that the cover is folded over the front. It's super annoying. I'm going to contact Kobo for a replacement cover.
ciuvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:44 AM   #12
ciuvak
ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ciuvak could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Does the cover have a faulty magnet or could this actually be an issue with the magnet sensor in the device?
ciuvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:48 AM   #13
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Yes it shouldn't do that.
I have a Forefront shell case, and the magnet actually sticks it in position folded back but does not turn the device off when folded back.
You need a replacement, or perhaps a refund and a different make of case?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:40 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Yes it shouldn't do that.
I have a Forefront shell case, and the magnet actually sticks it in position folded back but does not turn the device off when folded back.
You need a replacement, or perhaps a refund and a different make of case?
kwmobile cases also do not case the Reader to go to sleep when folded back. Plus, you get some nice images to choose from.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:20 AM   #15
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
A few layers of aluminium foil inside the case will fix the device going to sleep when folded back.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote