Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
motero57
motero57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
device in shut down! it turns on when charging

Hello all

I recently purchased my first ebook: A sony prs-505

I turned it on after receiving it to check it everything was ok.
I shut it down following the menus and connected the device to an usb port.
The red light come out and it started charging the battery.
Sudenly, after a period of time that I can not tell, the device turned on by itself and stopped charging.
I plug it out from the usb and plug it in again to check. The red line came out and it continue charging. The red light went off when charging was completed.

My question is: Is it normal when de device is totally off, and when charging via usb, to turn it on by itself?

This was my firt battery load. Since then, I have not turned the device off by menus. I have done 1600 pages and battery is half the way. Is this ok?

Another question: what is better to battery life: to charge it via usb or via psp charger?

Thanks in advance,

motero57
motero57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If I understand you correctly, then yes, it is normal for it to turn itself on when you pull the USB plug. If it turns on during charging, the first thing I would check is the USB connection at both ends, just to be sure it isn't loose and losing the connection, causing the device to turn itself on.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, it is normal for the 505 to turn on when you plug it into the USB port to charge it. Also, when you are charging via the USB port, the best thing to do is run eBook Library before you plug in the Reader. Then you should get the do not unplug symbol on the screen. When you eject it from eBook Library, that symbol will vanish and you can unplug the Reader. When the red light goes off with the symbol on the front, it's charged.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
motero57
motero57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
thanks for replies.
regards
motero57
motero57 is offline   Reply With Quote