Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #61
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the little arrow next to the add books button
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #62
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Thanks! Cn't believe i missed that! Thanks again!
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #63
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I think I need a Calibre for Dummys! I know this is mentioned previously as not being implemented, but I still have a question. Sony 700 on the way, Windows XP, have not yet used Calibre. I'm trying to get my books in order to be ready.

All my books are titled by author last name, author first name, series name, number in series, title of book. Do I need to change the title to Calibre's first name, last name, title (thus loosing the series and series number?) I know I can edit the metadata to get the series name and number (I think), but how does it show up on the Sony 700 - still author, title?

If I make series name, series number part of the books title will it show up in the order of the books in the series? If so, I know I would be losing the actual title, but maybe it is worth it.

Thanks for any help.

Lynn
Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #64
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Similar question. I have my books named:

Author - Series ## - Title
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<series>.*?) (?P<series_index>[0-9]*?) - (?P<title>.+)

Author - Title
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+)

How do I combine the two so they're just one regular expression?

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-21-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once you start using calibre, file names become un-important. calibre stores all information in its own database. When you send the files to the reader, calibre will create a "collection" for each series and (provided you send all the books in series over at once) arrange the order of the books in that collection by series number
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #66
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Similar question. I have my books named:

Code:
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<series>.*?) (?P<series_index>[0-9]*?) - (?P<title>.+)
Author - Title
Code:
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+)
How do I combine the two so they're just one regular expression?
Surround the series + number + - part in parentheses and follow it by {0,1}
Old 02-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #67
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Surround the series + number + - part in parentheses and follow it by {0,1}
Thanks for the quick response.

The modified expression works ok with files named Author - Title

For:

it gave me the following:
Title: Title
Author: Author - Series ##
Series: No match
Series Index: No match
ISBN: No match

I also tried (?P<author>[^_]+) - ((?P<series>.*) (?P<series_index>[0-9]*) - )?(?P<title>.+) but it gave me the same result as above.

Question, what does [^_] signify? Is it necessary for Calibre to make the author match or can I change it to something else? I've tried grouping the ' - ' with other parts of the expression and the series info always ends up as part of the author name unless both instances of ' - ' are present. Methinks the regex for author might be a bit too greedy?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #68
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Fix found:
(?P<author>[^_]+?) - ((?P<series>.*) (?P<series_index>[0-9]*) - )?(?P<title>.+)

Thanks for the help. Really loving Calibre.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #69
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Can I do this in Calibre: import books to the Calibre library from a compressed archive? The hypotetical situation is like this - for the sake of saving some disk space there are more ebooks (different formats) compressed into one zip or rar file. Is there a way in Calibre how to work with the books in the archive w/o having to extract them first? If not can I propose it as a requested feature? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #70
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre assumes archives contain single ebooks as this usage is more common.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:21 AM   #71
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I just decided to import my ebook library into calibre.

I notice the "Series" column is empty, no idea how to get that one filled, I should look it up I guess...

But another thing I noticed, and can't explain.

Some titles come back as "Unknown". And I can't figure out why (all my books are in the mobipocket format)

Example:

Code:
<dc-metadata ...>
    <dc:Creator>Herbert, Brian; Anderson, Kevin J.</dc:Creator>
    <dc:Title>Legends - 00 - Hunting Harkonnens</dc:Title>
</dc-metadata>
(Herbert, Brian - [Legends of Dune 00] - Hunting Harkonnens.prc)

Code:
<dc-metadata ...>
    <dc:Creator>Herbert, Brian; Anderson, Kevin J.</dc:Creator>
    <dc:Title>Legends - 01 - The Butlerian Jihad</dc:Title>
</dc-metadata>
(Herbert, Brian - [Legends of Dune 01] - The Butlerian Jihad.prc)

It will show "Hunting Harkonnens" as "Unknown", while the "Butlerian Jihad" shows with the complete title.

I also noticed it shows Kevin Anderson as Author and no mention of Brian Herbert...

How can I correct this, because I don't want to update all missing data...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #72
scaza
scaza began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hello there ^^ (excuse me, it's my first message and I'm already complaining XD)
I have downloaded the calibre file for Mac and impossible to open it (it says that the image disk is corrupted or broken). Can someone help me ?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@sweetpea

If you're importing te prc flies from a directory that contains OPF files, the metadata in the OPF files may take precedence. Also some PRC files have missing metadata and there is no alternative to correcting them
Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #74
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@sweetpea

If you're importing te prc flies from a directory that contains OPF files, the metadata in the OPF files may take precedence. Also some PRC files have missing metadata and there is no alternative to correcting them
Nope, that directory only contains PRC files and all OPF files are the same (except the name of the files, naturally). I made them all myself, and it was all done with copy/paste and change some titles and file names...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #75
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

where are these OPF files?
Closed Thread