Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Book Designer Borked

I'm thinking of getting a PRS 505 soon and decided to get a head start by converting my Baen Lits as they don't support that format and without bulk download it's a pain to redownload everything in in .rtf format.

Anyway I got Book Designer and the latest update file 7-30-07 and then tried to do the conversion. The problem is that I cannot open anything but plain text files in Book Designer. I've tried .prc, .lit, .rtf. and .html and none of them will open.

I'm running Windows Vista and have both Mobipocket Reader and an Activated copy of MS Reader installed.

I can use my regular convert lit with no problem, but Book Designer does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have MS Word installed on your computer? Book Designer uses Word to do some of the conversions when it loads some formats. Also in the sticky thread for the Book Designer files, you can find the directions on how to install in Vista. And then go to the sticky thread on Book Cleaner so you can get the Book Cleaner files to use with BD/BC.

But, one thing you can use if you cannot use Book Designer just yet is to use lit2lrf from libpros500. Very easy to use and does a very nice job converting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do have Word but it's the 2007 version which may be causing some problems. I tried LibPRS500 after posting here and it worked well though I do have a lot in .prc as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you follow the Vista install directions in the BD thread?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
Lemurion
eReader

I just found the thread-- am now in the process of following those instructions
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The instructions in this thread got BD working on Vista for me.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13099

For your LIT's though you could do what I'm doing. I'm using the libprs500 gui which uses lit2lrf to convert the LIT's to LRF's. Does a good, & fast, job for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
Lemurion
eReader

Installed it in a different volume and it works just fine now. Thanks much
Old 10-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

That is wonderful news that you now have BD working with Vista.