Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Copying series name as a tag?

Hi

Is it possible to write the name of the "series" the book belongs as a tag on the item? I just have way too many documents/files that I do not want to do this by hand.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi

Is it possible to write the name of the "series" the book belongs as a tag on the item? I just have way too many documents/files that I do not want to do this by hand.

thanks
Use the Bulk Metadata editor: Search and replace (tab)
I don't think there would be a problem.

Copy a few books to a 'Test Library' and try. Bulk Mode can do BIG with no 'undo' Backup your Library before you begin
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the Bulk Metadata editor: Search and replace (tab)
I don't think there would be a problem.

Copy a few books to a 'Test Library' and try. Bulk Mode can do BIG with no 'undo' Backup your Library before you begin
Hi

thanks for your reply. Not sure if that can do what I am looking for. I want it all to be automated on thousands of items I have here pretty much. it will read which series it is in and it will add the series name as a tag.

thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
If you want to add the series name to the tags, then you can do it using bulk metadat search and replace, as theducks says. Do some testing first, to avoid trouble. Been there...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Select the books you want to process. Go to bulk search/replace. Search mode: regular expression. source field: series. Destination field: tags. Mode: append to field. Split result: checked.

See the attached screen capture.

And please back up your library first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	250
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	107384  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Khahoon,
Just for my information, why do you want to add a series name into the tags column?

(I cannot imagine a good reason to use things this way, but that could be a sign of my limited thinking, not your genius.)
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
khahoon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Select the books you want to process. Go to bulk search/replace. Search mode: regular expression. source field: series. Destination field: tags. Mode: append to field. Split result: checked.

See the attached screen capture.

And please back up your library first.

Great, thank you