Notices

Old 10-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #301
goetzibubu
goetzibubu began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
That person is me.

Can you give me some examples? My tests work fine (I ran them this morning), so I have no idea why it isn't working for you.
Well fast answer! ;-)
E.g. looking for the author "Jürgen Seibold" with the entry "Seibold": I find "Endlich frei"
On the site there are further hits as "Bloß keine Maultaschen", "Der arme Konrad", "Schlampig dosiert", "Lindner und die Tageslosung", "Maultaschen-Komplott", "Gründlich abgetaucht".
Looking for "Michael Wanner" with the entry "Wanner" there is no hit. On the site I find "Endstation", "Tödlicher Geburtstag".
goetzibubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #302
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goetzibubu View Post
Well fast answer! ;-)
E.g. looking for the author "Jürgen Seibold" with the entry "Seibold": I find "Endlich frei"
On the site there are further hits as "Bloß keine Maultaschen", "Der arme Konrad", "Schlampig dosiert", "Lindner und die Tageslosung", "Maultaschen-Komplott", "Gründlich abgetaucht".
Looking for "Michael Wanner" with the entry "Wanner" there is no hit. On the site I find "Endstation", "Tödlicher Geburtstag".
I think this is caused by the way get books does searches. Most sites don't have the ability to specify where the words are to be found, so get books uses a general keyword search and returns the first N that the store provides (N is chosen in get books configuration). For that reason it is better to use more words so that the store search engine will find closer matches.

When I search for author Wanner with returned items count set to 20 I get the following results. Both Endstation (by Ulrike Wanner) and Tödlicher Geburtstag by Michael Wanner are on the list.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1395
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	129524

Searching for Jürgen Seibold gives me the following:

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1283
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	129525

I don't see any way to do better.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:01 AM   #303
goetzibubu

Quote:
I think this is caused by the way get books does searches. Most sites don't have the ability to specify where the words are to be found, so get books uses a general keyword search and returns the first N that the store provides (N is chosen in get books configuration). For that reason it is better to use more words so that the store search engine will find closer matches.

When I search for author Wanner with returned items count set to 20 I get the following results. Both Endstation (by Ulrike Wanner) and Tödlicher Geburtstag by Michael Wanner are on the list.
Attachment 129524

Searching for Jürgen Seibold gives me the following:
Attachment 129525

I don't see any way to do better.
I agree on better matches by more search words. Sometimes I am glad to get _any_ match... But first I can give the words I know only.
Using "Jürgen" and "Seibold" I get the same result, too. But the search for "Wanner" does not change.
Where in the settings can I change "N"? I cannot find (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-12 um 10.48.28.png
Views:	899
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	129590  
Old 10-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #304
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goetzibubu View Post
Where in the settings can I change "N"? I cannot find (see attachment)
See the attachments. I hope they are clear.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	853
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	129591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	859
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	129592  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #305
goetzibubu

Quote:
See the attachments. I hope they are clear.
Thank you for your help. That did it!
Old 10-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #306
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
New store (or rather library) I'd like to be added

Store/Library: Bibebook
Language: French
Formats: EPUB/MOBI/PDF
Home Page: http://www.bibebook.com/
Instruction Page: http://www.bibebook.com/outils
Direct link to the OPDS catalog: http://www.bibebook.com/opds/_catalog/index.xml
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #307
fst
fst began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 2
Suggestions for Austria

Hello,

as an Austrian user, I would like to have access to

thalia.at and
heyn.at

As these sites are in German, I would assist with translations, questions etc. if necessary.

Kind regards,

Franz
fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:05 AM   #308
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Immateriel.fr (Digital distribution platform, claims over 500 publishers)
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #309
tjfarness
tjfarness began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst View Post
Hello,

as an Austrian user, I would like to have access to

thalia.at and
heyn.at

As these sites are in German, I would assist with translations, questions etc. if necessary.

Kind regards,

Franz
Hello -

as an American living in Germany I give a second vote for Thalia but with the .de (thalia.de)

Also weltbild.de

With Kind Regards - Tim
tjfarness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #310
mrema
mrema began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
this is not a store, but an online (pubblic) library
Language: Italian/English/Deutsch
Formats: EPUB/PDF
http://medialibrary.it/home/home.aspx

every users with a library card can have 3 ebooks for month/ or one for 13 days

It's possible to add also this non conventional store?
mrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #311
jjeter
jjeter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Add Please

https://openlibrary.org/
http://gutenberg.net.au/
http://www.forgottenbooks.com/
https://www.epubbooks.com/
All are Public domain book sources
jjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #312
bob1022
bob1022 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre Kobo

I have an HP Pavilion with Windows. I use Calibre to get books from Kobo. I use to use Linux Mint on my old computer and everything worked fine. Now with my new system, When I use Calibre and Get Books, I get the menu with all on the book stores listed. When I choose Kobo, or many of the other book stores, I get a new window that is blank. Can anyone help?
bob1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #313
vdHummes
vdHummes began at the beginning.

Device: Android
The Dutch store http://eboektekoop.nl/ has many books with 'digital watermark'.

I'd love it if it were included.
vdHummes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:11 AM   #314
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Is it possible to include the UK Sainsbury's ebook store?

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/ebooks
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #315
Samurai
Enthusiast
Samurai began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (4th Gen)
Hello, is there a way to add bookdepository.com to GetBooks?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary