Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
AshleyJ
AshleyJ began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cybook Gen 3 + accessories

I have a Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 (1st version) to sell. Reader is in excellent working condition, only visible wear and tear is a slightly worn spot on the main navigation button, I hardly used it (which is why I am selling it, I feel bad that it just sits there...) It'll come with a brown leather case, USB cord + wall charger, and a spare battery. I am hoping to get at least $125, but am open to negotiating price.

Ashley

Last edited by AshleyJ; 02-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.
AshleyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
AshleyJ

Ah, not really sure how I'm supposed to respond to that. Yes I did sign up for this board specifically to sell my ereader, as I've listed it elsewhere on the web without much luck. I thought I'd try a forum with a specific ebooks/ereader audience.

I understand that there are not so nice people in the world trying to scam you out of your hard earned money. Anytime you engage in any type of transaction with another individual on the internet you assume some sort of risk. However, I resent the fact that you immediately jumped all over my post and announced to any potential buyer, in huge green letters, that you think I am some sort of evil scum trying to con folks out of their money and now it seems to be my job to prove otherwise. Thanks for that. I am simply trying to find a home, other than a landfill, for a hardly used electronic device and yes, if I can recoup some of the cost of said device, that would be nice.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
While I understand that this message can seem off-putting, did you actually read the sticky referred to? It says :
Quote:
We are not impugning the character of ANY OP, but a few Members have lost money in dealing with the "less-than-honest" amongst us.

Therefore, this is my promise to you as long as I am a Moderator: I will personally read EVERY post in the Flea Market.

I will post this (in green below), when a Member has less than 50 posts and/or has been a Member of MobileRead for less than six months:
This has been board policy since May of last year, and is pretty well spelled out for purpose (people have been scammed here, it's been an effective deterrent) and for methodology. If anything, having a policy in place makes people more willing to use the flea market, and the users here understand that it doesn't mean Dr. Drib is attacking any seller personally.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
AshleyJ

Yes I did read the actual sticky. I understand where he’s coming from, I really do. I just think there is a better way to go about this. I’m not some huge online re-seller of electronics, I don’t have some big feedback bank to point people to. I’m just someone who is trying to declutter my house in the most environmentally responsible way possible. How do I respond when what is probably a well known and respected moderator calls me out as a con artist?

Yes, the sticky says that Dr. Drib is in no way impungning on the character of the OP, but because of the method being used, that is essentially exactly what he is doing. A Sticky reminding people to be careful when dealing with monentary transactions online is totally fine, but individually calling out every single newcomer as some sort of scammer until he/she proves otherwise just feels hostile to me and I'd rather not deal with that. I’ll just ship the cybook off to be recycled and move on. I’m out.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
Quote:
Yes I did read the actual sticky. I understand where he’s coming from, I really do. I just think there is a better way to go about this.
Okay, fair enough; I didn't mean to sound snarky. I may disagree that Dr. Drib is impugning anyone's character, but I respect your opinion and I can see how someone might interpret those posts as hostile or passive-aggressive. I am sorry that this has been a bad experience.

If you haven't sent your Cybook out yet, you may want to check out Sony's Ecotrade program: (http://recycling.econewonline.com/sonystyle/?q=main). They'll recycle your ereader like you were going to do anyway, but you'll get a Sony gift card in return, and if I remember correctly, I think it was $50. Also, you might be able to fetch even more on EBay. Just some options to think about, we hate to see good ebook readers go to waste. Good luck and all best.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook gen3