Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
kewlgien
kewlgien began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SImple Touch
Miserable overseas NST user

Hi all. I recently purchased the NST and had managed to root it. Market is working, Amazon App is running however I am unable to download nor install any app simply because I do not have a US billing address nor a US credit card. The main purpose for getting the NST and rooting it is for me to install isilo and read pdb files. Hence I will have to sideload isilo either through ADB USB or wirelessly. I have followed nook devs instructions, installed SDK but failed to connect with the device. Tried adb wireless but to no avail. I am using a windows 7 machine. I humbly seek for guidance to those who can provide me some. Thank you!
kewlgien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlgien View Post
Hi all. I recently purchased the NST and had managed to root it. Market is working, Amazon App is running however I am unable to download nor install any app simply because I do not have a US billing address nor a US credit card. The main purpose for getting the NST and rooting it is for me to install isilo and read pdb files. Hence I will have to sideload isilo either through ADB USB or wirelessly. I have followed nook devs instructions, installed SDK but failed to connect with the device. Tried adb wireless but to no avail. I am using a windows 7 machine. I humbly seek for guidance to those who can provide me some. Thank you!
I can't help with that but have you tried coolreader it supports pdb files.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert