Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #1
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Can you change cover art for books?

Some gutenberg books have no cover art..is there a way to correct this?
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
enoeske
enoeske began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I was wondering the same thing. From some video review I saw, adding a non-store bought book to the kobo results in no cover art. This seems like it would get confusing with several hundred books. Adding custom cover art would also allow you to use the favorite cover version if the book had multiple covers over time.
enoeske is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I will play around with it and let you guys know.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
You'd have to edit the Gutenberg ePub files with something like Sigil, to change the cover image.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you use Calibre, you can change the covers for nonDRM books. It's a choice in the metadata function.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

I use epubfixer.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
If you use Calibre, you can change the covers for nonDRM books. It's a choice in the metadata function.
I tried it and it didnt work, do can you make a "mini-guide" to show us, maybe im doing it wrong?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Calibre version 0.8.24:
Click on arrow next to "Edit Metadata"
Select "Edit Metadata Individually"
Make sure Title and Author are correctly entered in the boxes at the top
Click on Download Metadata button middle bottom of screen
In the popup, once your choices of the publishers show up, select the one you prefer (one with both cover and summary checked off)
Click next
Click on the cover art you prefer
Click OK

Sounds long to do but I do it all the time. I prefer to choose my covers rather than do a bulk cover search for multiple books because I can make my own choices as to what I get.
If no cover art is found, you have the option of putting the Calibre default cover and putting the author name and the book title on it.
There are plugins that add more sites (Barnes & Noble, Fantastic Fiction) to look for metadata in Calibre.
Click on the arrow next to Preferences in the toolbar, from the menu select Get plugins to enhance Calibre, from the next window select Barnes & Noble, Fantastic Fiction and Goodreads. You will have to restart Calibre for the new sources to work.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
yoshid
yoshid began at the beginning.

epub fixer is awesome, thanks spikexp.
yoshid is offline   Reply With Quote