Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Actually Nook extracts a PDF TOC as well. Nice! But as with ePub, only the top level, for some reason. Hmm.

Nook does not use PDF page labels in the reading status area, just assigns sequential page numbers. That complicates accurate navigation by page number... For example it is page '198' in the PDF I'm viewing but Nook says I'm on 'page 234 of 846.' Go To Page 198 goes to the page labelled '162.' This means you can't crop the headers and footers without losing useful page references. Okay, I know I should stop 'piling on' now...we've already established Nook's PDF support is 'minimal.'

Kindle would show 'Page 198 (234 of 846)', and Go To Page 198 will take you to the page labelled '198'.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-19-2011 at 12:29 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #17
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I LOVE my Sony 950 for PDF reading. It's handled everything perfectly. If the file is too big for the screen, I just switch to landscape orientation.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
B&N could improve PDF support a great deal just by shipping a Nook with the Kindle DXG's 9.7" screen. Amazon seems content to let DXG die a lonely death, another victim of iPad. But something without a keyboard, the size of a trade paperback but much lighter, might find a following if the price was right.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
nilux
nilux began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
B&N could improve PDF support a great deal just by shipping a Nook with the Kindle DXG's 9.7" screen. Amazon seems content to let DXG die a lonely death, another victim of iPad. But something without a keyboard, the size of a trade paperback but much lighter, might find a following if the price was right.
if Amazon makes touch Kindle DX I would jump or Nook 9.7" with improved(made perfect ) PDF support.
nilux is offline   Reply With Quote