Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
richard friedman
film maker
richard friedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Kindle DX question....

hello Kindle Experts........I have a script on my Mac and want to email it to my Kindle DX. What is the best way to do it so when it is on my Kindle I can make notes on various pages? Will Calibre convert it to the Mobipocket format?
Do I have to make a PDF first, then convert to Mobipocket format?
Hope my solution is out there.........
richard friedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I think you would recieve more help if you reworded your topic title. Anyone of our Kindle Gurus can help you with this, not just DX owners.

I, unfortunetly, am not a Kindle Guru.

Good luck!

I am also a bad speller
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I think this might answer you question, let me know.

Its from your users guide.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...00375640#email
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I was going to say avoid converting to .pdf but then I realised you have a DX which is probably a whole better at viewing that file format than the 6" Kindle. Not sure what note-taking is like though with pdf files or whether annotations are actually supported for this format.

Where I can, I prefer to save all my files as HTML (easy to do using Save As in Word or Open Office) because this format converts very nicely into mobi for the Kindle and things like basic formatting, images and links are preserved. You then have the choice of converting to mobi in Calibre (or something like mobipocket creator) which I recommend with more complex, image based docs - or sending your hmtl file to your Kindle via your Kindle email address.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
richard friedman
film maker

dear kindleworm....thanks, you have answered my question. I'll be back with more I'm sure. Actually here's one for mobileread........I have uploaded a picture to albums and want to put my picture as part of my profile (so everyone can see who is asking questions). I just can't seem to find how to do it......just dumb I guess.
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
No question is dumb at all - there are loads of things I still don't know about using mobileread

If you click on User CP (top left) then Edit Avatar under Settings and Options on the left - you have a choice between using an image stored on Another Website (you need the http:// link) OR you can directly upload the image from your computer - there is no option for using an image from your mobileread album.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
richard friedman
film maker

I now know I can transfer files from my computer to my Kindle DX via the Whispernet service and Amazon will transfer my files into a Kindle compatible format for "a small fee". Anybody know where I can find what that "small fee" is?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard friedman View Post
I now know I can transfer files from my computer to my Kindle DX via the Whispernet service and Amazon will transfer my files into a Kindle compatible format for "a small fee". Anybody know where I can find what that "small fee" is?
You can find the info here.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I have set my Personal Document Charge to $0.00. so Amazon sends my documents to
........@free.kindle.com.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote