Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Matt2012
Matt2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Table of Contents on ePub

Ok ive just received my new Jetbook lite. Reasonably happy with it although I think some backlight would improve it.

Anyway my question is about table of contents

I get it with pdfs but not with epub even though the epub reader on calibre manages to show me a TOC for my epubs.

Is TOC only supported with PDFs on the jetbook lite?
Matt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
cdnirene
cdnirene began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek LIBRE
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a workaround. When I can't view a table of contents of an ebook through the settings menu, I go to the page in the ebook that has the table of contents and bookmark it as my first bookmark for that ebook.
cdnirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2012 View Post
Correct. And that, oddly.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2012 View Post
Ok ive just received my new Jetbook lite. Reasonably happy with it although I think some backlight would improve it.

Anyway my question is about table of contents

I get it with pdfs but not with epub even though the epub reader on calibre manages to show me a TOC for my epubs.

Apparently the Aluratek Libre only has the TOC function on PDFs as well. That is a major omission! It makes it difficult to quickly go to a chapter since you can only go to a page number and ebook TOCs rarely list page numbers, so even if you scroll down to the inline TOC it will not do you any good as there are no links that work and usually no page numbers.

Last edited by jswinden; 03-14-2010 at 01:52 PM.