Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #406
Captain Mario
Captain Mario began at the beginning.

Device: moon+ Reader (on HP TouchPad)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The problems I was having with this plug-in, after Virtual Libraries were introduced especially when used with View Manager, seem to have 'gone up in smoke' - yet no update of either plugin was 'pushed'.

So I'm assuming the problems went away because of changes to the main calibre code. Otherwise I'll have to start believing in faeries and goblins

BR
Same here - I didn't even think to try again before reading your post but everything is working the way it used to again.
Captain Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #407
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Glad to hear it, so chaley/Kovid does that mean I don't have to make plugin changes on this one after all? Glad I waited for the dust to settle for sure...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #408
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mario View Post
Same here - I didn't even think to try again before reading your post but everything is working the way it used to again.
Thanks for the confirmation - I was starting to wonder if it was just me or if it was them
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #409
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Glad to hear it, so chaley/Kovid does that mean I don't have to make plugin changes on this one after all? Glad I waited for the dust to settle for sure...
I have no idea. As far as I know, after the initial release of the Virtual libraries feature there have been only cosmetic changes to it, no API changes as at all. I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but if your users say they are having no problems, then I wouldn't worry about it
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #410
Captain Mario
Captain Mario began at the beginning.

Device: moon+ Reader (on HP TouchPad)
More info on reset working as before...

Hi, I've been playing with this a bit and here's what I've seen - this is very consistent.

The first time I use Find Duplicates the Reset Quick Search button does not work. The first click on the button seems to do nothing, the second click clears the entire library and I have to use the Virtual Library -> Additional Restriction -> None menu option to get my library back to visible. The next time and any subsequent time I use Find Duplicates, I can clear the search, and return to my library using the Reset Quick Search Button. The behavior is reset when I quit and restart Calibre.

Now here's the interesting (at least to me) part...if I start Calibre and go right to Virtual Library -> Additional Restriction -> None then do a Find Duplicates, I can use the Reset Quick Search button to clear the search. So, I believe the newer release of Calibre has made the virtual library restrictions stick where they were cleared in the past. I'm not sure if that's right, but if it is, maybe Calibre could open with the additional restrictions set to none and it would work all the time.

At any rate, I've gotten quite used to doing it either way and now that I understand it, it's not really as big a hassle as I thought it would be. Thanks to everyone involved for writing these excellent programs - I'm only posting in case it helps, but honestly, I'm very happy with what I have and I'm almost done clearing out my dupes, I've kept a few for testing purposes at this point.
Captain Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #411
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Using Calibre 0.9.42 and 0.9.41 both 64bit and 32bit versions on my i7 desktop and i3 laptop using windows 8 and windows 7 respectively I have been having pita type problems with duplicate finder.

After searching for duplicates the behavior of the tab browser is "different".

No longer does selecting an author (green cross) limit the display to only that author or tag or whatever.

The new behavior is to highlight the selected only.

This is only after a duplicate search has been ran. The only way to correct this problem is to completely uninstall the calibre program, including the directory under roaming and for good measure I did a registry cleanup as well.

To ensure it wasn't my imagination and that duplicate finder was the problem I did a clean install on my laptop and ran a test. The results were the same.

Just a simple uninstall and reinstall does not correct the problem.

Please let us know when this very useful tool no longer breaks the tag browsing features of the program
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #412
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
The new behavior is to highlight the selected only.
Toggle the third icon to the right of the search bar. This icon determines if you highlight searches or show only items in the search.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #413
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@Kiwidude when using the new Grid display associated with the new backend Kovid indicates marked books with a big star overlay. I noticed every time I restarted calibre I had 19 books marked (see this thread.) It turns out they are Duplicate exemptions from this plugin. In the list view I never noticed them pre-marked. I cleared the exemptions and they are no longer marked. I just thought I would tell you in the new DB these exemptions are brightly flagged for all to see.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #414
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Hi, quick note to thank you for this plugin (so helpful! I'm especially impressed that you can check duplicates across multiple libraries... so useful!) and to ask a few idalistic (nitpicky?) questions...

-Is there a way to set the duplicates plugin search results to automatically select both (or all) of the results in each set of dupes? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the selection to include more than the first auto-selected item. Clicking and dragging requires first a click outside the results and then restart within that set of dupes (because drag won't work on that first try), and shift-arrow selecting the second dupe doesn't work because arrows don't work for some reason.

I did figure out that if I right-arrow first then I can down or up-arrow select among results, but still there's a lot of clicking and arrowing and what have you. Wouldn't be a problem for me except that my mouse is on its last legs and wants to double-click every time I click so I'm stuck opening and closing a lot of books when that was never my intention. obv not your problem.

OT probably but maybe you know...is there a reason why the old rule whereby the first-selected of two or more items was the ruler-owner-successor to merges when you choose to merge duplicates? I seem to have reverted to a calibre where the uppermost in a list of dupes is what wins out and it seems that a) rarely is that the one I wanted and b) any of my attempts to resort the list so that the record I want to be the ruling metadata for the merged group... either doesn't achieve the desired affect or causes all the duplicate groups to be un-grouped and now just a list of books in a window... so I don't know how to get back to the grouped dupes without having to re-run the plugin.

Back to kudos - this plugin has saved me so much time in the last week its unbelievable. thank you again for creating it and making it available.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #415
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Merischino - try reconfiguring the keyboard (Find Duplicates Configuration).

After I changed Next Group from Right Arrow to Ctrl/Right Arrow and Previous Group from nothing to Ctrl/Left Arrow I found it much easier to drive Find Duplicates.

Re your OT item on Merging, I don't have an answer. I've been using Calibre for almost two years and the Merge has never worked for me either, I have always had the behaviour you describe. I don't have many to Merge since I did my initial upload, but when I do get one I do the merging manually.

BR
Old 09-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #416
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks, BR I'll give that a try. (Did update my prefs, but will try it on for size a bit later). Good hint.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #417
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Merischino - I use ctrl+click to do my selections, and have never had any problem with the merges., Just click on the one you want to keep first, the ctrl+click on any others you want to merge into it. Then do the merge operation. That simple, and I have never seen it go wrong, but then I haven't used it for a long while.

The reason the plugin doesn't automatically select entries in the group is because if it did that it would be nondeterministic as to which entry would become the "master", which would completely screw people up...
Old 09-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #418
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
@Merischino - I use ctrl+click to do my selections, and have never had any problem with the merges., Just click on the one you want to keep first, the ctrl+click on any others you want to merge into it. Then do the merge operation. That simple, and I have never seen it go wrong, but then I haven't used it for a long while.

The reason the plugin doesn't automatically select entries in the group is because if it did that it would be nondeterministic as to which entry would become the "master", which would completely screw people up...
I probably ctrl/click the wrong button :lol: The mouse is something I prefer not to use.

BR
Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #419
Merischino
Groupie

Quote:
I've been doing this for over 5 years (i think) and it used to always work for me. sometime in the last few weeks it stopped working that way for me. It doesn't matter which I click first, ctrl+click the next 1 or more, I get the same result: the uppermost appearing item in the list wins, even if the bottommost item in the list was selected first.

Quote:
being in a nondeterministic merge world, I'd rather have it autoselect everything that needs merging than have to do all sorts of clicking that has no option for choice over which record has the correct metadata....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I probably ctrl/click the wrong button :lol: The mouse is something I prefer not to use.

BR
I'm with you BR, for most things I prefer to make efficient use of my keyboard and keyboard shortcuts.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #420
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Merischino - merging is a *calibre* function, it is nothing to do with this plugin. If you are experiencing problems with the merge activity, then raise a ticket with Kovid with the steps to reproduce it.

As I said above there is absolutely no way this plugin is ever going to "select" the books for you given how merging works in calibre currently. Whether you find it broken or not (which as I said you should raise with Kovid), certainly the "intent" has always been that the first selection represents your record you want to keep. The plugin cannot even begin to guess what record this might be, since in many circumstances you may well have differing format/book source/quality/metadata on each record and only a human can decide which one shall be their "master".

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates