Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
pmulcahy11b
pmulcahy11b began at the beginning.

Device: Desktop PC
My Calibre is confused about htm/html books

When I try to convert HTM/HTML in caliber (to whatever format), Calibre thinks the HTM/HTML is an archive-type file (which format I do not know) and cannot convert the HTM/HTML file. Has anyone else run into this problem, and does anyone know of a solution?
pmulcahy11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
It's quite normal for calibre to bundle an HTM/HTML file into a ZIP archive. That way it can include any external file (images, ...) that the HTML code calls with links in the same archive file so that they can be handled as a unit.

I've never encountered one of these calibre created ZIP archives that failed to convert. In fact, I imported an HTML file yesterday and converted it to MOBI with no difficulty. Problems could arise if the HTML is improperly coded, but the fact that calibre "encapsulated" it in a ZIP archive isn't going to prove to be the problem.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
When I try to convert HTM/HTML in caliber (to whatever format), Calibre thinks the HTM/HTML is an archive-type file (which format I do not know) and cannot convert the HTM/HTML file. Has anyone else run into this problem, and does anyone know of a solution?
As dwig pointed out all html books added to calibre are zipped as part of the normal process. Nothing you have provided has anything to do with a conversion failing. Follow the guidelines in the sticky post at the top of this forum for further help.

Good Reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
fullybook
fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fullybook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, Kobo Mini
I did encounter this problem. I loaded a zip file with HTM/HTML inside together with the img, opf files. I tried converting and it failed. What I did was opened the zip file, deleted the opf, and voila! It converted to the format I want.
fullybook is offline   Reply With Quote