Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #46
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i,too, filled it out and added comments. thanks for doing this - and good luck!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #47
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh and be sure to check back in here afterwards and tell us how it went eh?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #48
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
It would be great if you share the summary view of the data once you have it compiled.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #49
mcl
Connoisseur
mcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enoughmcl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle K2i
I'd also love it if you shared the industry reaction when the data's presented. Though I suspect it'll amount to either:

1) "meh.", or
2) "The consumers are all wrong!"
mcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #50
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
If you've got a Dreamwidth account, you're welcome to post an announcement/link at the ebooks community. If not, I'll be happy to post it for you this evening. (I don't have access during the workday.)
I don't have a dreamwidth account. I can provide you the html if you want to post it (and I would love it if you did). Should I PM you or do you want to send me an email? jane at dearauthor.com
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #51
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
It would be great if you share the summary view of the data once you have it compiled.
We will make all the data available (without identifying information)
Old 02-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #52
da_jane
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl View Post
I'd also love it if you shared the industry reaction when the data's presented. Though I suspect it'll amount to either:

1) "meh.", or
2) "The consumers are all wrong!"
I will. I hope it's not 1 or 2 but I won't get my hopes up.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #53
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Done, but why oh why did I forget to shout and scream about geographic restrictions??? (possibly because I was busy ranting about DRM and editorial/proofing quality)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #54
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Imagine a world where the actual PUBLISHERS like Macmillan cared about their readers.

I haven't seen any of the major publishers present in forums like this one, they are in a walled garden well away from customer opinion. The best companies have a presence in social media and forums, to my knowledge most publishers don't care what we think about DRM.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #55
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
"I would reduce or eliminate my downloading of ebook files I have not paid for if one or more of the following events would take place
ebook prices would decline
DRM was removed
I could share books with a few friends"

You forgot the most important one there: if the book I want was available to buy.
+1, absolutely the most important point for me.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #56
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
+1, absolutely the most important point for me.
Ditto!
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Thirded!!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #58
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Fourth'd! (Why I didn't pick any of the three options listed)

In my comments, I pointed out that because of competitive ebook pricing the publishers/authors were now getting money that I had been spending on the used market.

Last edited by Boston; 02-04-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #59
nothatkind
nothatkind is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1
Fifth... I put all of them!!!!
I put my finger mainly on the geo-restrictions, basically 'cause it's something a little trickly to avoid (anonymous ip, US address)
DRM - > It's something that I remove. I've even told it in the survey. It's mine, I bought it... from my point of view, "you" have no right to tell me with what I read it.
Geo-restrictions -> Something I "hate"...

Last edited by nothatkind; 02-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.
nothatkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #60
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sixth ! definitely the most important point for me too.

i filled the survey with plenty of comments. it's possible that i used quite strong words, thinking back ; writing all about drm, geographic restrictions, high prices, unavailable books, poor formatting... tends to make me rather cranky.

thanks for doing this. i'm really looking forward to seeing the results of the survey, and also to hearing how the publishers will react to this input !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote