Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #31
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
Laurens, how do I remove the registry key (i.e. where is it located)?
You can download this .reg file if you don't know how to edit the Registry manually.

sunrise-remove-opentabs.reg

Download and save locally, make sure the extension remains ".reg". Then double-click the file to merge the changes into the Registry. This only removes the "opentabs" key.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:54 AM   #32
tckober73
tckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it is

Device: PalmOne TungstenE / T5
Select start - Run - type regedit - press ok
This opens the Registry Editor.
locate the folder as Laurens mentioned and delete it :-)
I uninstalled Sunrise first, deleted as stated above and installed pre2.
Works so far.
Advert
Old 12-30-2004, 12:27 PM   #33
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Thanks to you both. That appears to have worked.
Laurens, are you French? If so, BONNE ANNEE. Philippe Radley
Old 12-30-2004, 03:01 PM   #34
strat
strat began at the beginning.

Getting a lot of fails

Hi Laurens,

For the most part I'm getting pretty good conversions on my work computer, but I seem to have a few items that are failing and it seeme to be repeated all the time. For example I have the feed from your Sunrise news and it has failed every time even though it used to work fine. The error message that comes up is: "Error: java.io.IOException: The parameter is incorrect" . This message comes up on 12-15 sites each time. Usually the same sites and all sites that I've converted with no problems in the past.

Any ideas?

Dave
Old 12-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #35
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat
For the most part I'm getting pretty good conversions on my work computer, but I seem to have a few items that are failing and it seeme to be repeated all the time. For example I have the feed from your Sunrise news and it has failed every time even though it used to work fine. The error message that comes up is: "Error: java.io.IOException: The parameter is incorrect" . This message comes up on 12-15 sites each time. Usually the same sites and all sites that I've converted with no problems in the past.
Is this on the Windows 98 machine? If so, try to disable caching (see the Advanced tab) for the sites that fail and try again.
Advert
Old 12-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #36
strat

Hi Laurens,

Yep, it's the Win98 machine. I guess I better let you know which one I'm talking about, I'm even confusing myslef now. lol

I'll give the above a try tomorrow, thanks!

Dave
Old 12-31-2004, 09:29 AM   #37
ENIX
ENIX began at the beginning.

Problems when converting the web page in Chinese?

I dont know why I got so many "?" when I converting the chinese web page using the sunrise v4.0 pre2. Could you please fix this bug? Thanks a lot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	417753.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	456  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:47 AM   #38
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENIX
I dont know why I got so many "?" when I converting the chinese web page using the sunrise v4.0 pre2. Could you please fix this bug? Thanks a lot!!!
Make sure you set the output encoding to one appropriate for Chinese. (I.e. GB or Big5.)
Old 12-31-2004, 09:49 AM   #39
Laurens
Jah Blessed

radleyp and tckober73, the freeze at startup should be fixed in 0.40-pre3, which I just released.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:19 AM   #40
strat

Hi Laurens,

Disabling the cahing worked for 90% of the sites I was having problems with. The other ones are likely a problem because of changes the sites made. Thanks for you quick and accurate reply on this issue, Sunrise is now working great on my Win98 machine.

Dave
Old 12-31-2004, 10:28 AM   #41
tckober73
tckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it is

Device: PalmOne TungstenE / T5
Hi Laurens!
Installed the update and autoupdate as I am typing...
No problems so far.
Thanks - Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2005, 09:04 AM   #42
ENIX

But I cant find any GB or Big5 options in the property output window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Make sure you set the output encoding to one appropriate for Chinese. (I.e. GB or Big5.)
But I cant find any GB or Big5 options in the property output window. Could you please add the GB and Big5 text encoding in the next sunrise release? Thanks a lot and wish you a happy new year!

Last edited by ENIX; 01-01-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #43
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENIX
But I cant find any GB or Big5 options in the property output window. Could you please add the GB and Big5 text encoding in the next sunrise release? Thanks a lot and wish you a happy new year!
This is fixed for the next prerelease. Currently, Sunrise only lists 8-bit character sets. I don't know how Plucker handles Chinese-language encodings, though, so I can't guarantee that it will work. I can't read Chinese (I wish I could), so I can't verify.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #44
Laurens
Jah Blessed

ENIX, I just released Sunrise 0.40-pre4 . You can now select Chinese-language output encodings such as "Big5". Let me know if it works.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #45
ENIX

I really appreciate your hard work!!! But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
ENIX, I just released Sunrise 0.40-pre4 . You can now select Chinese-language output encodings such as "Big5". Let me know if it works.
I really appreciate your hard work!!! But I got the following message when I try to run the new version. What's wrong?

Application error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sunrise-conduit in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.distantchord.sunrise.apps.Conduit.<clinit>(Unk nown Source)
at aq.A(Unknown Source)
at aq.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.distantchord.sunrise.apps.Desktop.e(Unknown Source)
at com.distantchord.sunrise.apps.Desktop.main(Unknown Source)