Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Peter Walters
Peter Walters began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Suggestion: Add filter to manage tags, authors etc.

Hi,

When using a large library with thousands of tags and authors it would be nice having the ability to filter. The dialog screen for "manage tags" or "manage authors" does not allow any filtering at all (at least as far as I can tell). Currently I am trying to reduce the number of tags from roughly 9,000 (with lot's of crappy data) to a manageable amount of useful tags.

Thanks
Peter
Peter Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
You can filter with searches and categories.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Peter Walters
Peter Walters began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Maybe I wasn't precise enough :-)
I will attach a screen shot. I would like to filter for example in the category editor for tags. I can easier filter for patterns and then change to a better tag.

If there is a better method to manage this easily - let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter example.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	84796  
Peter Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can get a long way toward what you want by typing *fam (or *whatever-you-are-looking-for) into the search box just over the tag browser. That will limit what you see in any section to items containing "fam". Manage tags will show you the matched tags: tags containing "fam".

The * means filter what is shown in the tag browser.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can get a long way toward what you want by typing *fam (or *whatever-you-are-looking-for) into the search box just over the tag browser. That will limit what you see in any section to items containing "fam". Manage tags will show you the matched tags: tags containing "fam".

The * means filter what is shown in the tag browser.
Thanks I didn't know that.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Doesn't seem to like caps.
Fictitious Character won't work for me but works for lower case.

Had me going for a minute.

Seems like a really handy feature for next time I attack my tags

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Doesn't seem to like caps.
Fictitious Character won't work for me but works for lower case.
Fix submitted.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote