Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
jazafraz
jazafraz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Exclamation Can't open calibre - PLEASE HELP!

Hi there,
I have spent all day trying to download Calibre to my computer and it will not open for anything! I have un-installed it and re-installed it more times than I can count and still have had no luck. I did exactly what it said to do on the FAQ section on the Calibre website regarding opening errors but still no luck. Their website said that if you had tried everything and it still wasn't working to open the comand prompt, type in: calibre-debug -g and then post the output to this forum. I've never made a post on a forum before but I didn't know where else to turn for help. I am running on Windows XP and the problem I'm having is that the software seems to download just fine. All components "seem" to be on my computer after the install but as soon as I click on the icon (or any other way to open it) it brings up the Calibre books artwork and says it's loading but quickly leaves that screen and never does anything more. Like I said I have completely removed it and re-installed the software probably about ten or more times and followed they're instructions, turning off my firewall, virus programs etc. and still nothing has worked. Has anyone else dealt with anything like this or have any ideas for me? I would appreciate it SO MUCH! Below is what the command prompt's output was:

C:\Documents and Settings\User>calibre-debug -g
Starting up...
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/._NTSetup.i
nf'
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/%NTSetup.in
f'
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/.AppleDoubl
e/NTSetup.inf'
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/NTSetup.inf
/..namedfork/rsrc'
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/NTSetup.inf
/rsrc'
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/resource.fr
k/NTSetup.inf'
FT_Stream_Open: could not open `C:/WINDOWS/fonts/Lan Driver/winsetup/.resource/N
TSetup.inf'
QObject::killTimers: timers cannot be stopped from another thread

C:\Documents and Settings\User>copy
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Thanks again to anyone who may be able to help!
jazafraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You likely have a corrupted font on your system. Delete the C:\Windows\fonts\Lan Driver folder for a start.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
jazafraz
jazafraz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
WOW!! Thank you!! Deleted that file and Calibre came up instantly! Thank you so much!
jazafraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not opening