Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Default value for read field (Yes/No-field)

I like my read field, except that it defaults to NULL, which clearly is neither here nor there. I'd love to get a default value of "No".
Is this possible?

Thank you very much
Sven
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
For my read column, I unchecked Yes/No fields have 3 values, It defaulted to No.

But if you have another yes/no field that uses the null, It may not be the way to go for you.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
I like my read field, except that it defaults to NULL, which clearly is neither here nor there. I'd love to get a default value of "No".
Is this possible?

Thank you very much
Sven
You might want to change your plan .
Yes = Read
No= Don't bother looking agin (I don't toss books. Someone else might like it)
(null,blank) = Un-read
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
@Aleyst: That was what I was looking for, thank you!
@theducks: I hate to say it, but this is a brilliant idea! Thank you!
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote