Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
wetterau
wetterau has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none yet
sigil Arch Linux

Hi, sigil downloaded and installed properly, but will not run. "GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2270:initable.init assertion failed" This is in an uptodate Arch Linux 32 bit installation. Any hints as to how I can track this down would be appreciated. Thanks, john
wetterau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I remember some guy with Arch previously having problems compiling from source... I think it was related to an out-of-date version of Qt from Arch repos.

Either way, try to build from source using Qt 4.7.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
wetterau

Thanks for your help, Valloric. Will try. Looking forward to using sigil. j
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Wetterau : I’m using Sigil in Arch, and it compiles and works very well… Are you using the AUR repository ?
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
wetterau

thanks

Thanks for the info, Nicolas. I'm running Arch on a 4 gb hd on a Thinkpad 23. It runs very well, but I didn't think I had room for the compiler & libs, so I'm not using the AUR source. I wish I were. I found a sigil 2. version binary package on the net that works but is out of date. Approximately how much room do I need to be able to compile? I should probably buy a larger hd on ebay. I'd like to use the AUR. john
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
rsambuca
rsambuca began at the beginning.

Device: Android smartphone
4 GB is plenty for compiling Sigil. I use Arch on my desktop, laptop, and netbook. The netbook has a small 4 GB drive and there is no problems.
rsambuca is offline   Reply With Quote